Venue and Location Information not added!

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #90937 by charles
It has been almost two months and you have still not added the Venue and Location Information Option to this component! If you are unable to do it please state this fact. But please don't have me and others waiting on a basic feature that should have been apart of the component, waiting! Because you are costing me money. Especially if I have to buy another program just to be able to give my members information about the venue or location I am asking them to pay to attend!

Plus I sent you a copy of event booking pro to let you see how they had it setup. And all of these components offer this basic feature which leads me to ask again why isn't the venue and location option apart of Event Booking? I thought it was and for that I blame myself for checking and making sure this feature was included.

RSEvents!Pro
Vik Events
Ohanah
JUX EventOn
Yendif Events
JomEvents

Venue and Location is a very important part of a event. And people want to know where a event is taking place but more important no one want to go to a unsafe venue or questionable location. So being able to give people information about the venue or city an event is being held in helps sell tickets.

Again, if you are unable to add the Venue and Location Option to the component just say so. But to have people waiting two months is a bit crazy...
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by charles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #90939 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Venue and Location Information not added!
Hi Charles

Saying Venue and Location Information is not available is incorrect. Events Booking does have locations available:

1. you can add locations, assign event to the location you want
2. When users view event, they can click on location to see location on the map
3. You can browse events from a specific location

Last time, when I viewed the component you sent me, the Venue they setup have some extra information compare to Location in Events Booking:

1. Image

2. Description

3. Website

OK, I can add it easily to the extension. But the question is then where will these information will be displayed? Could you please explain exactly how you want it to work? Give me sample pages and I will work on it and make it available for you within next week

If you look at Change Logs of Events Booking, you can easily see that I am not lazy. Infact, I am working very hard to improve the product (just released version 2.12.0 yesterday, BTW). There are always important features and less important features and I take more important feature higher priority

Come back to this topic: Please just give me your requirement about how the Venue information will be displayed in the frontend of your site (give me a sample page if possible), then I will implement it - even we can have it available on Tuesday or Wednesday

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 5 months ago #90944 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I guess when someone click on the location on event detail page, we will just display location details like this events.rsjoomla.com/list-events/location/2-amsterdam.html on RSEvents!Pro demo site ? Will that works for you?

Or still display the location in the popup like in Events Booking at the moment but with more information:

Go here joomdonationdemo.com/eventbooking/course...ework-1-fundamentals , click on California Market Center | Penthouse to see how it works in Events Booking at the moment

Please let me know your answers so that we can implement it and send it back to you

Tuan

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #91074 by charles
Replied by charles on topic Venue and Location Information not added!
No to both! you are showing a Google Map and nothing about the venue!!!

You have not changed anything you just using a popup window with google map. The map is or was already showing...

Nice trick is you can get away with it... But thats not what I asked for. And if you looked at the component I sent you would see when you clicked on venue or location it would redirect you to the detail page of the venue! So if I clicked on the venue link in the event detail page it would redirect me to the venue information detail page. Detail page is just that information and pictures of the venue not google map or event! Please how they have it setup. They list all the venues, so you can check whats happening in a city or club by clicking on the venue or location.

Here is the link:
demo.joomlaux.com/#jux-eventon

Also I do hope my subscription is going to be extended because I have been unable to use the program. If this is something you are unable to do just say it! I am not going to wait another 2 months just to see you add a popup of Google Map. There is nothing in this component that allows people to learn about the venue other than the address.

You can find a event by clicking on the event link or venue link.

This is how Event Booking should be setup to do also! When a person don't know the name of the event but does know the venue Event Booking is not something people will be able to use... Especially if they need to see a picture of the venue.

The venue is just the venue its not Google Map. Its information about the venue not directions! The map shows when you click on the Event is show where the event will be. The venue focus on the venue where the event takes place.

If you are holding a event in NYC once would want to share information about NYC with event goers or tell people about a club. But it is not based on Google Map! Please take a look at the demo to see how simple this should to add this into the component.

Here is another link to how it could be setup. where the venue and Google map is all on the same Event Detail Page!

jomevents.comdev.eu/music/22-a-synth-festival2016
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by charles.

More
7 years 5 months ago #91127 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for your feedback Charles. For now, the easiest / quickest solution we could do is:

1. Add more fields to current location setup in Events Booking

- Description
- Website
- Maybe twitter, facebook, youtube

2. Add an option to show location/venue detail page with this new information

This will be done within this week and available for you to download and use on Monday next week. At least, it will help showing the necessary information for a Location/Venue in this case.

For the page which display list of locations, I will look at it and implement later

Hope that's OK for you.

I have no problem extending your subscription. Will reset your one year subscription from Monday next week once this feature is ready

While the additional information sound important to you, Events Booking location has been working like that for 6 years and If I remember correctly, none of other customers asking for this requirement and that's why it is not available yet.

Hope you understand that each extension has it own set of features, so I could not warranty/promise that any requested features will be implemented into the extension, even if it is basic feature

My point is if there are features which customers need (there must be at least few customers), I will try to implement it. But if a feature is only requested by one or two customers, I won't work on it. I would spend my time to work on other more important features instead

Regards,

Tuan

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #91175 by charles
Thanks Tuan,

I will wait for the update...

More
7 years 5 months ago #91315 by Simon Shaw
Replied by Simon Shaw on topic Venue and Location Information not added!
I put in a similar feature request a while back....

It would be great if this were added as currently I'm having to include venue information (description, website, contact details, travel information, etc. into every individual event.......

Looking forward to this being included!

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #91449 by charles
Just checking to see if you added the feature to the component?

More
7 years 5 months ago #91480 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry Charles. Had some personal work and could not get it implemented on time. Actually, asked a dev to work on this feature but could not get time to check it yet. I will spend time to get it complete on tomorrow and have it ready before this time on tomorrow

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 5 months ago #91527 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Charles & other customers

1. I just have the changes implemented. Haven't updated the download package on server with this change yet, want you to test it first, so I sent this version to your email

2. I added two new fields to location add/edit screen:

- Description

3. When you on event list or event detail page, there will be location link displayed. Click on that location:

- If your location has image or description or both, we will open a new page which display information of the location

- If no image or description, it will work like before. The map will be opened on popup. I don't want to change existing behavior as other customers will complain about it (remember few of you ask for this change)

4. In Configuration of Events Booking, Themes tab, there is a setting called Show Location Information on events detail page. If set to Yes, location information (name, image, description) will be showed on event details page

Please check the version I sent you, let me know if it works as expected and update me with the result

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc