• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #90883 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 2.12.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.12.0. This version bring the following nice improvements to the already great extension:

1. Added support for tickets PDF:

You can now config Events Booking to generate tickets PDF and send it to your registrants when they register for your events:

- Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Tickets Setting tab, set Activate Tickets PDF config option to Yes
- You can design your ticket layout, add background image to ticket, control background position
- You can control ticket start number, ticker prefix , ticket layout, ticket background image for each event
- Ticket PDF can be turn on/off for each event
- For group registration, ticket will be generated for each group member
- Unique ticket code will be generated for each ticket. QR CODE can be generated for that code, and then you can use a third party service for handling checking registrants (documentation will come later)

2. Improve Certificate feature

- You can now add background image to the certificate, control background position, choose page format (A4, A5, A6, A7...), Page orientation (Portrait, Landspace)

3. Improve frontend registrants management

- Layout improvement, make it look like and consistent with backend registrants management page
- You can now do almost every tasks like in the backend: New, Edit, Delete, Publish, Unpublish, Resend Emails, Export Registrants. All in one page

4. Improve frontend event submission

- You can now allow public users to submit events in the frontend of your site. If you enable publish users to submit event, remember to enter the url which users will be redirected to after submitting events in Submit event redirect URL config option

5. Support new coupon type Voucher

- Events Booking now allow you to create a new coupon type called Voucher. This coupon type, you can set the amount for the coupon. Then users can use that coupon to receive discount until total discount amount reach the amount you set for the coupon

6. Allow using icons for payment methods

- By default, payment method title will be displayed on registration form. Now, you can config these payment methods to icons instead

7. Support layout for each event

- This new version also allow you to define invoice layout for each event if you want. Most customers don't need it, but when you need it, you will see that it is useful :)

8. Add option to allow setup price including tax alreadyt

Sometime, you would want to setup price of the event to including tax (People will be charged the price you setup for the event). At the moment, you will have to caculate the price without tax and enter into the system. Even if you calculate and enter manually, in some case, the rounded amount is not exactly the amount you want (when tax rate is 19 or 21%....), for example, instead of 100, it is roundeded to 99.99...

To solve this case, we add a new config option to Events Booking called Setup Price, set it to Tax already included would help solving this issue

If you want to use these nice improvements, please download latest version and upgrade it to your site. You can also get Download Code of your account to use Joomla Update to update to this latest version from backend of your site eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting...installation#upgrade

Thanks for using our products and support our development. I will continue working hard to improve the product, make it better from time to time. Remember that I always listen to feedback from customers, so if you have any ideas to improve the product, please post it in features Wishlist forum

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel Charrier, Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #90895 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
When I try to update EB via the Joomla Update panel, there seems to be a bad URL throwing a 403 error (see attached screenshot) and I cannot auto-install the update over my existing EB 2.11.2 installation. I will do a manual download/update, but thought I would let you know that something is not working.

I'm looking forward to using the new features that 2.12 has! Thanks, Tuan!

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #90897 by Andrii Laguta
Replied by Andrii Laguta on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
Hi there

Meet same problem.
It seems you not input Download ID in your EB configuration section.
Get it here joomdonation.com/download-ids.html
Than update button from Dashboard section will work correct.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Andrii Laguta.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #90899 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released

Andrii Laguta wrote: Hi there
Meet same problem.
It seems you not input Download ID in your EB configuration section.
Get it here joomdonation.com/download-ids.html
Than update button from Dashboard section will work correct.

Thanks for the suggestion... That was the first thing I checked when it didn't work, but my ID was entered. I tried re-coping it from the Download ID page, but still ended up with the same error. My above post was made after the second failed attempt.

UPDATE - Dec 12, 2016:

GOT IT TO WORK!
I generated a NEW DOWNLOAD ID at joomdonation.com/download-ids.html , applied it to my install, and now the auto update works.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 5 months ago #90902 by Joe Mustafa
Replied by Joe Mustafa on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
I am trying to install the update. I also had the issue with the auto update. I manually try and install and get the follwing
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #90905 by Joe Mustafa
Replied by Joe Mustafa on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
Please close or delete this. Operator error. Forgot to unzip the file first before i tried to install.

• Ralph Castelberg
More
7 years 5 months ago #90975 by Ralph Castelberg
Replied by Ralph Castelberg on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
Same Problem here and a new manual update over the Admin Install did not work :-(

More
7 years 5 months ago #90981 by Andrea
Replied by Andrea on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
Congrats to the team, these recent updates bring EB ahead at least one step of the many comparable components I have used so far. I wanted also to confirm that this new version includes a special options in the configuration to specify the defaul payment method between full and deposit. This is a feature I had asked to the dev team and they created it. Wonderful and thank-you!
Andrea

Visit my page! www.elementotango.it

• Ralph Castelberg
More
7 years 5 months ago #90993 by Ralph Castelberg
Replied by Ralph Castelberg on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
Could fix it with "Repair Database" in the component...

The control Panel could not be opened, but as i opened the Event List was the "Tools" available and when i run fix database from the tools everything got fixed...

More
7 years 5 months ago #90994 by Andrii Laguta
Replied by Andrii Laguta on topic Events Booking 2.12.0 released
Hello

Is anybody can use new function from updated version?
3. Improve frontend registrants management

- Layout improvement, make it look like and consistent with backend registrants management page
- You can now do almost every tasks like in the backend: New, Edit, Delete, Publish, Unpublish, Resend Emails, Export Registrants. All in one page

I did not see any new button from my front-end even under super admin or event creator login/
How to activate this managment?