Early Bird

• Dave Carr
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #82106 by Dave Carr
Early Bird was created by Dave Carr
Hi

I want to have the Early Bird fee as a non-refundable option where my customers can choose to pay either the Full Price (refundable if they cancel) or the Early Bird price (non-refundable).

Is this possible please?

Many thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82110 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Early Bird
Hi Dave

As the refund need to be performed manually, I think you can mention about it in the description of the extension and then when you process refund, only refund necessary money

This is something the extension could not handled itself

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 10 months ago #82124 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Early Bird
You can sort of do this using the deposit feature, setting the deposit to the same as your early-bird discount (eg. $25). Then, as Tuan mentioned, add something to your event description mentioning that there is a $25 non-refundable deposit. You might want to add the non-refundable deposit to the event Terms and Conditions (if you use t&c).
You would have to manually disable the deposit amount after your early-bird deadline if you only needed the non-refundable deposit during the early-bird period.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82146 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Early Bird
Guys I don't think either of those options achieves what she wants. If I understand correctly she really want to offer to options:

£50 full price entry (refundable)
£40 early bird entry (not refundable)

But the buyer chooses which to register. So they need to be able to choose price. If you take James's option they pay £40 deposit, then 2 weeks before hand want to cancel... so you let them because they would have been a £50 customer. Or they get to two weeks before and then how do they not pay the remainder because they were always going to be a £40 customer. If you had only planned to pay £40 but want to get your money back because you want to cancel you pay the £10 extra and then claim a refund. OK you might say the remainder needs paid by date X or its not refundable. It seems clunky to me.

Tuan's solution on its own doesn't work. You'd need to use some custom fields to adjust the price to let them pick what they wanted. Custom fields can't be date limited. SO the better solution would be to use a Coupon method.

Create a Coupon called - EarlyBirdNoRefund that gives £10 off. Describe it in the description and say that to get a £10 discount, but make the payment non-refundable enter the code. They make a conscious decision to apply the discount and the intent is clear. No waiting for follow-up payments like with deposits, and coupon can have date limit. Then as Tuan says - manually check before refunding.

• Dave Carr
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #84012 by Dave Carr
Replied by Dave Carr on topic Early Bird
Hi Everybody

Thank you very much for the ideas. I think Calum's suggestion will be the way to go.

Other than that, is there a way to use a Custom Fee field to reduce the main price by 20% if that option is selected?

If so, what would I add to the fee field formula?

Many thanks

Dave

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc