How to display the Event's thumb in CalendarLayout

• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #64254 by Simon Evans
How to display the Event's thumb in Calendar Layout instead of this image
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Simon Evans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #64275 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic How to display the Event's thumb in CalendarLayout
@Simon Evans:
This is a custom mod, still not supported in the stock EB component.
Take a look at the patch I posted at joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-fe....html?start=22#64273 . The patch was written for 1.6.9 and still works fine on my present v1.7.1 install. Another user commented that it didn't work for them in the current v1.7.3... but I would like to see a second opinion :) I was hoping to hold off upgrading my install until 1.7.4, but I will install 1.7.3 if it doesn't work for you so that I can fix the patch.

Screenshot sample attached.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by James Riley. Reason: added screenshot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Evans

• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #64308 by Simon Evans
Replied by Simon Evans on topic How to display the Event's thumb in CalendarLayout
@James Riley thank you so much this patch works 100% with Event Booking version 1.7.3.

While I have your attention and if I may be so bold to ask is there another one of these patches that would display what appears in calendar view to display it on the TOOLTIP of Mini Calendar?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Simon Evans.

More
8 years 10 months ago #64320 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic How to display the Event's thumb in CalendarLayout
Sorry Simon, I don't use the mini-calendar on my site, so I haven't built anything like that yet. You can search the forums to if see someone has posted something there that you can use. Keep in mind that what worked for a past version of EB might not work in the current build.

And @Tuan might be able to assist you more with your request -- he's the developer.

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 10 months ago #64326 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to display the Event's thumb in CalendarLayout
Thanks James for assisting me with the support request. For displaying thumbnail in the calendar, I will add it as a config option for version 1.7.4

@Simon: How you want to display tooltip in the mini calendar? At the moment, we don't have support for it but we can consider adding support for it in next release as well. If you can give us a sample, that would be great

Tuan

• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #64407 by Simon Evans
Replied by Simon Evans on topic How to display the Event's thumb in CalendarLayout
Thanks again for all of the help.

What I have in mind is as follows:

Mini Calendar

At the moment when you select particular date that has more than one event it looks like this:

So instead of that it would be great if it showed in the tooltip or drop-down box thumbnail and heading of each event which wuld also act as a link to that event like so:

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #66603 by James Riley

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: For displaying thumbnail in the calendar, I will add it as a config option for version 1.7.4

@Tuan -- was support for this added? I just upgraded to from 1.7.1 to 2.0.1 and don't see an option for it in config (but I might have missed it). If not added yet, is it still on list for being added in the future? Thanks!!

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by James Riley.

More
8 years 8 months ago #66622 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to display the Event's thumb in CalendarLayout
Hi James

Not yet available as working from 1.7.4 to 2.0.0 took me longer time than estimated. Will still be in my todo list, maybe in 2.0.2 or 2.0.3

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

More
8 years 8 months ago #66648 by James Riley
@Tuan -- Thanks

For anyone else reading this thread, the patch still works in v2.0.1.

More
8 years 8 months ago #66687 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Update : This is now integrated in the core download package which you can download from server. Just update to this latest version, then go to Configuration, look at Themes tab, find the config option "Show Event Image in Calendar", set it to Yes and the thumb image of event will be displayed in calendar (main calendar, not mini calendar as mini calendar doesn't have enough space to display it)

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc