Move peaple from waiting list to registrant list

• Martin
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50045 by Martin
Hi,

I Can not find how to move a registrant from waitinglist into the the event registrant list? Does something needs to be enabled to do this, or where/how can this be done?
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Monica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50068 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Move peaple from waiting list to registrant list
Hi Martin

At the moment, we don't have a way to move it automatically. So in this case, just go to Events Booking -> Registrants and create new registrant with the information from waiting list entry

We will consider improving it in the near future so that you just have to click on a button to move it

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 6 months ago #51824 by James Monica
Replied by James Monica on topic Move peaple from waiting list to registrant list
I agree that this would be a tremendous improvement and I suggested it 7 or 8 months ago. Also on the New Registration screen when the admin is registering a person, there's a Select User button that shows all user. If you pick one yes, it selects it but then you still have to enter their name and email address in the fields below, so I still can't figure out what the point of that is. It should populate the fields since the info is already tied to the name that you select and you're having to both pick the name from the list THEN type the name in. It seems crazy that it doesn't just populate the fields. I create VBA programs for a living and in VBA this would be fairly easy to do so I don't get it. Thanks

More
9 years 6 months ago #51838 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Move peaple from waiting list to registrant list

Also on the New Registration screen when the admin is registering a person, there's a Select User button that shows all user. If you pick one yes, it selects it but then you still have to enter their name and email address in the fields below, so I still can't figure out what the point of that is. It should populate the fields since the info is already tied to the name that you select and you're having to both pick the name from the list THEN type the name in

=> I have it works like that in my other extension. Will do the same and add support for this feature in Events Booking as well !

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #55951 by Per Claussen
Replied by Per Claussen on topic Move peaple from waiting list to registrant list
In my opinion the operation of the waitinglist should be fully automatic. As soon as a registrant cancels his/her registration, the first registered waitinglist person should be moved to the list of attendants, and get an automatic mail with information concerning this.
My customer runs a fitness studio, and only registered users can register for events. They should also be able to register for the waitinglist without having to enter name, email etc. Do you see any solution for this?
I would also like to be able to print a list of an event with attendants, and a ordered list with waitinglist persons

More
9 years 3 months ago #55989 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

In my opinion the operation of the waitinglist should be fully automatic. As soon as a registrant cancels his/her registration, the first registered waitinglist person should be moved to the list of attendants, and get an automatic mail with information concerning this.

=> The problem is that event might be a paid event. So users might have to pay for it to become registrants, so we could not make this automatic process.

My customer runs a fitness studio, and only registered users can register for events. They should also be able to register for the waitinglist without having to enter name, email etc. Do you see any solution for this?
I would also like to be able to print a list of an event with attendants, and a ordered list with waitinglist persons

=> Unfortunately, it is not possible. Users will still have to enter information on the form to join the waiting list. Will consider improving this process in the future

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: spitjack

More
9 years 2 months ago #58829 by spitjack
it still needs to be automatic.

perhaps a future update could include some auto email feature that can email the wat-listed individual and have them somehow complete the process (eg, buttons that offer "complete your registration / cancel my request")

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

More
9 years 2 months ago #58837 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

perhaps a future update could include some auto email feature that can email the wat-listed individual and have them somehow complete the process (eg, buttons that offer "complete your registration / cancel my request")

=> Yes. That would be great. However, who should receive email ? All users in waiting list ? The problem is that let says we only have 1 slot left, if we email all users, when they try to register, some users won't be able to registered because sometime had took that slot before. Not sure how to deal with that case.

Tuan

• Markus Schwendtner
More
9 years 1 month ago #59023 by Markus Schwendtner
Replied by Markus Schwendtner on topic Move peaple from waiting list to registrant list
The first one on the waiting list obviously... and then after a defined number of hours/days, the next one etc. That would be a great feature !

More
9 years 1 month ago #59038 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Markus Schwendtner wrote: The first one on the waiting list obviously... and then after a defined number of hours/days, the next one etc. That would be a great feature !

That's easy to explain but not easy to implement, unfortunately. Maybe admin will still have to contact these users, ask them to see whether they want to become registrants. If yes, change his status from Waiting List to Paid and receive payment from him some how

The other way is emailing all waiting list users, then who register first will become actual registrant. But it is difficult as well and won't be available in this version

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc