"GCalendar integration" is temporary shutting down

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #53316 by Mr. Dam
Dear everyone,
Currently, the function "GCalendar integration" of OS Services Booking uses Calendar GData API V1. But recently, Google announced the deprecation of the Calendar GData API (v1, v2) when the APIv3 was made available. They’ll now be shutting down these older versions on November 17, 2014.
Any service dependent on the Calendar GData API (v1, v2), such as the Google Calendar Connectors (GCC), will no longer work as intended. GCC users should update to use Calendar Interop or their own custom built connectors that sync with v3 of the API.
Unfortunately, so far, the PHP library for Calendar GData V3 is now beta version. So "GCalendar Integration" is temporary shutting down. We are working hard to find solution for this problem and we will update news to you as soon as possible.
Sorry for this inconvenience
Dam
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #53523 by Carlos Gallardo
Replied by Carlos Gallardo on topic "GCalendar integration" is temporary shutting down
Hi!
Just an idea to help!
Artio component is working with GCalendar integration in theirs bookings components. It is really works well years ago.
The are using API GCalendar and do not have this issue like you have now.
Is possible to have a similar integration like them?
Because the integration that they offer is really so easy and from user has not anything to do making configurations in google accounts.
I am looking forward your soon updating of OSBooking Service.
Thank you in advance
Sincerely
Carlos Gallardo

More
9 years 3 months ago #53524 by Carlos Gallardo
Replied by Carlos Gallardo on topic "GCalendar integration" is temporary shutting down
I do not know if it is the right way for request you a new feature for the new GCalendar integration.
It could be so usefull for users and employees if you include (like option), to show in the employee GCalendar, the name of the customer and the service. Something like that:
Placido Domingo - Haircut

Please, think about it. It is really so usefull for us!
Thank you in advance
Sincerely
Carlos Gallardo

More
9 years 3 months ago #53591 by Dominick
Is there an eta on a solution to connect gcalendar? I just bought this component since it lists this ability. I won't be able to keep this component if there isn't a fix in sight. Thanks and good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Evans

More
9 years 3 months ago #54024 by Dominick
So... no response at all? I'll be requesting my refund then.

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #54053 by Mr. Dam
Hi Dominick,
"GCalendar integration" is temporary shutting down - isn't my fault. That feature uses the GCalendar api called GData V3, but now, the library isn't completed - still beta with php language. So we can't upgrade GCalendar feature using that library. In my side, i also want to upgrade that feature, but i am still waiting here.
If you want, i can refund the money back to you without any problem. Please submit ticket and send us your Paypal email address.
Thanks
Dam

More
9 years 3 months ago #54121 by Carlos Gallardo
Hi !
I am checking in Google GCalendar Developer page that there is a migration from V1 and V2 version to the V3.
It is not beta. According to PHP beta problem, as you mentioned, it depends on which version of PHP you are using for the component and I see that your component is using PHP 5.3.x and not 5.6.x, so you could make an implemetation of GCalendar feature and later to update for the new requeriments of 5.6.x when the final version of PHP is done.
The problem is not PHP or V1, V2 or V3... just you have to find a solution to send the bookings to the google calendar. This feature is needed soon!
Here more info:
developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/migration

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #54193 by Mr. Dam
Dear all,
OS Services Booking 2.3.3 has just been released. And function "Google Calendar Integration" has been updated to work with Google API Version 3
Follow it on : osb.ext4joomla.com/latest-updates
Thank you for this inconvenience!
Ossolution dev team

More
9 years 3 months ago #54604 by Steve Evans
Replied by Steve Evans on topic "GCalendar integration" is temporary shutting down
Hi Dam,

This is my next thing I needed to work on, then I noticed this thread and there's a new release v2.3.3 of osservicesbooking which I wasn't aware of.

I've downloaded it, unzipped it and installed the com_ file but when I open my osservicesbooking component at the bottom it is still registering as being v2.3.1, any idea why this could be please?

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Dear all,
OS Services Booking 2.3.3 has just been released. And function "Google Calendar Integration" has been updated to work with Google API Version 3
Follow it on : osb.ext4joomla.com/latest-updates
Thank you for this inconvenience!
Ossolution dev team

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #54630 by Mr. Dam
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your report, we have updated the Version information at the bottom of component. You can download it again to update version name.
Regards,
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam