OS Property support center

Countries / States-Regions / Cities

• Kimmo Vallema
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #135812 by Kimmo Vallema
Countries / States-Regions / Cities was created by Kimmo Vallema
Hi

I am about to launch a closed site where properties will be posted from all around the world...literally... I started uploading the location-files by country but it is a tedious process...makes also the database very slow at times....but worst of all...some of the data is just wrong.

I am from Finland myself and looked at the content of the file, and there were regions that I had never heard of .....same goes for cities....a colleague of mine looked at the data for Denmark and Czech Republic and it is the same thing.

So my question is, if there are updated files available....or could we even start a location library for "cleaned up files". Since I am from Finland but live in Germany, I could easily provide a file for those two countries...but I would love to get as many of the other countries as well with verified content.
Surely we have many nationalities represented in this community and we could cover a greate deal of the countries just amongst ourselves....each cleaning up their own country and making the file available for others.

Could we please do that??

Cheers,
Kimmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #136039 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Countries / States-Regions / Cities
Hi Kimmo,
Actually, the location data of those countries were retrieved on Internet for a long time, so we are not sure if they are still correct at this time. We don't have reliable data source and easy to convert to location data files. So in the mean time, we only can modify the data source through tools: Manage States and Manage Cities at Backend of OS Property.
We will consider to find more reliable location data source in future.
Thanks
Dam

• Kimmo Vallema
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #136051 by Kimmo Vallema
Replied by Kimmo Vallema on topic Countries / States-Regions / Cities
This is actually something where I could see the community come together. After all, who is the most qualified to validate a list of regions/cities than those that actually live there. Now if you would then host these files or better yet, create a SQL-Script that would enter them all if necessary in the tables, this would definitely be of value to many.

Cheers,
Kimmo

More
3 years 4 months ago #139842 by Koen Rottier
Replied by Koen Rottier on topic Countries / States-Regions / Cities
Hi Ki-moon,

For Belgium it was the same...
I made a new one and sended to them...
One problem... cities with a ’ are not possible...

kind regards,

Koen
adoewa

More
3 years 4 months ago #139843 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Countries / States-Regions / Cities
Hi Koen,
I've answered you through Ticket system
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan