Feature Request: Custom fields for Plan

• Elliott
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #146618 by Elliott
Hi Tuan and Dam, 

I have been a loyal user of both Membershp Pro and OS Property for years now. All of my clients who needs either of the functionalities are always directed to use these 2 extensions. For all these years using Membership Pro, I found this extension has lots of options and is very flexible. The only thing it is lack of are the custom fields for Plans. 
We are able to create unlimited custom fields for users for when they register however, if I ever need custom fields for the plans, I will have to work out the customization magic by creating my own DB fields then use RSForm or Sourcerer along with template override to create a custom PHP scripting to do all the queries to the DB. 

An example of this is my recent project. I need to create a subscription where user can purchase online course subscriptions with recurring payments. The courses required to have Date, Course's Durations and some other static custom fields. However, since Membership Pro doesn't have custom fields for plan, I ended up creating a custom DB fields for those then use Sourcerer and custom layout override to do custom queries to store info and to display plans. You can see the prototype here:  beamat.fullstackdev.us/beamat-corsi-detail/?coid=1

So, this would be a nice feature request for Membership Pro. The ability to create custom fields for plan as well.

Thanks!
Elliott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #146619 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Feature Request: Custom fields for Plan
Hi Elliott

We won't support real custom fields. However, for the basic, we might have something like in Events Booking (custom fields are defined in an XML file if it is really needed)

However, I want to see if there are other customers need this feature before looking to implement it. So far, in few years, this is the first time I heard about this request, so I guess something not really needed by most of our customers

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 6 months ago #146690 by Ahmad Arshad
Replied by Ahmad Arshad on topic Feature Request: Custom fields for Plan
This would actually be a pretty good idea. I have to use description to put this info statically...

P.S How do we vote for features? It would be great to get 1) some sort of roadmap of development and 2) allow paying users to vote features up etc.

I see myself becoming a long term user of this extension.

Thanks

More
2 years 6 months ago #146692 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Usually, the request is posted on this forum joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro-features-wish-list.html . Then other future can join and say that we also need this feature...

And base on user feedback, I will decide to implement it or not

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 6 months ago #146693 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. I spent sometime today to implement this feature. You can submit a support ticket, I will then send the package to you. Then please use it and report the result back

Regards,

Tuan

• Elliott
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #146694 by Elliott
Replied by Elliott on topic Feature Request: Custom fields for Plan
Thank you so much for doing it so quickly. I don't per se needing this at the moment since the project had already have all the customization in place using Sourcerer and MySQL custom queries. It would be a major overhaul to implement something else to it. However, I would be more than happy to beta test the field and give you the feedback.

Thank you!
Elliott

More
2 years 6 months ago #146697 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Elliott

Please check your support ticket to see my response

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 5 months ago #147501 by Ahmad Arshad
Hey Tuan,

If we go to Membership Pro -> Configuration -> Custom Fields and delete the xml there... It breaks the whole site..

Joomla\CMS\Form\Form::getInstance() could not load file
/mnt/data/vhosts/casite-1273841.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/libraries/src/Form/Form.php (1865)

Appreciate you looking into it

More
1 year 11 months ago #151250 by Ahmad Arshad
Hey Tuan,

Where can I find documentation for this?

More
1 year 11 months ago #151252 by Tuan Pham Ngoc