Tax reporting of deferred income

• Jennifer Dellenbusch
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146155 by Jennifer Dellenbusch
Tax reporting of deferred income was created by Jennifer Dellenbusch
We have to report deferred income on monthly and recurring subscriptions.
Right now were using 3rd party database programs its all manual and extremely time consuming.

Do you have any extensions or software even besides Mpro that would work?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Tax reporting of deferred income
Hi Jennifer

Exactly what kind of report you want to receive? We do not have support for it for now, but we might able to support it in the future if it makes sense and needed by other customers

Regards,

Tuan

• Jennifer Dellenbusch
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146597 by Jennifer Dellenbusch
Replied by Jennifer Dellenbusch on topic Tax reporting of deferred income

Membership Pro to Quickfill import findings
I figured I’d look into this a little more, just so we are covering all our bases. Here’s what I’ve found so far. 
I exported subscriptions from Membership Pro (MP)– note that there was way to filter which records were imported.
I attempted to match fields from MP to Quickfill (QF) for purposes of an import to QF. I ran into a number of issues.
One that seems difficult to overcome is that QF maintains one customer record and numerous renewal fields.
MP creates a new record for each renewal.
For example, QF would show a member who has renewed three times as
Fields:  Member name                   1st payment       1st renewal        2nd renewal
Content: John Smith                       1/1/19 $40          1/1/20 $40          1/1/21 $40

MP shows
Fields:                   name                    date/amount
1st record:            John Smith          1/1/19 $40
2nd record:           John Smith          1/1/20 $40
3rd record:           John Smith          1/1/21 $40

I also looked at the possibility of using the MP export to run a report of deferred income manually, but the export does not list the term (number of months) it only uses the plan name. There is no easy way to run a formula to determine the deferred income per month without manually adding the term based on the plan, or possibly running some function to automate this, but that is beyond my skill level.

Can  MP create this calculation in a custom field of the deferred income per month
It is basic math formula so i think it can be done with REGEX regular expressions

Code:
Tuan this excel deferred calculator is exctly what were trying to do so perhaps you can understand it better by seeing this?
The deferred tax rate calculator is a great tool to be used for all those people who don’t have any clue about how to calculate the deferred tax rate.
Code:
https://www.xltemplates.org/deferred-tax-rate-calculator/ Perhaps you can find  way of incorporating it into Mpro? I would expect that we aree not the only ones using Mpro in this way and aa lot of your customers would need this also. Thank you