Invoice Transaction ID Reference to Stripe?

• Tim Serr
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #140018 by Tim Serr
Hey there. Quick question regarding the Transaction ID that is created in Membership Pro when a customer pays for a subscription.

I'm using the Stripe payment plug-in.

On the invoice I've created for the customer, I've added a field which displays the Transaction ID. I assume this Transaction ID is an ID received from Stripe?

When I access the backend in Stripe, I don't see a reference to this ID number anywhere related to this customer transaction. Am I simply missing where in Stripe to find it?

I'm looking for an additional way to correlate transactions created in MP and Stripe, aside from user name/email.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #140025 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Invoice Transaction ID Reference to Stripe?
Hi Tim

[TRANSACTION_ID] tag should be the tag you are using to display transaction ID of the stripe

Not sure why you cannot find it from Stripe. Could you please give me a sample value so that I can check to see if is a valid value?

Tuan

• Tim Serr
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #140031 by Tim Serr
Replied by Tim Serr on topic Invoice Transaction ID Reference to Stripe?
Hi Tuan.

Yes, I figured it should be somewhere in Stripe but I just can't find the reference for the transaction.

An example Transaction ID generated in Membership Pro using Stripe and paying with Credit Card is: ch_1Hv6KVCTdBvtVy0QeEZyeAO2

I'm assuming the "ch_" references a charge, looking at the way Stripe manages their variables.

More
3 years 4 months ago #140032 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's valid Transaction ID (actually, it's Charge ID from Stripe). Not sure why you cannot find it in Stripe, you might want to ask Stripe about it if needed

Tuan

• Tim Serr
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #140038 by Tim Serr
Replied by Tim Serr on topic Invoice Transaction ID Reference to Stripe?
Hi Tuan, thanks again for the quick reply.

Yes, I found it in Stripe. It was quite buried, but I found it within the Event data under the Charge Object for the customer. May have to look at the Stripe backend to make this more visible.

Thanks again for your help and confirmation on the capture of this transaction id.

Tim

More
3 years 4 months ago #140042 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Tim. Please continue using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan