How does refund work when recurring subscription cancelled during term?

• Damian Davila
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138865 by Damian Davila
I would like to set up my first recurring subscription. My plans are for 1 calendar year (Jan 1 - Dec 31).

Your documentation is clear on how to set it up, but not clear on what happens if customer cancels a recurring subscription from front end.

First scenario: customer registers for first time into recurring plan in January then cancels in June.
2nd scenario: customer is automatically renewed into the recurring plan on January 1, then cancels on January 15.

What happens to plan access and refund?
I assume that customer loses access to restricted resources on the day that they cancel, correct? Or is membership honored until end of current term?
Does MP refund the entire amount? Does it pro-rate the refund?
If refunds the entire amount, what is best way to keep subscriber from cancelling at end of year and getting a full refund even though they had access all year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #138867 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Cancel a recurring subscription just stop that subscription from being renewed. That mean:

- No refund will be processed
- Users will still have an active membership until the end of current term, thus, they can still access to restricted content until the current subscription expired (until the end of current term)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damian Davila

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.