• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 6 months ago #138613 by Wynand Louw
com_SecurityCheck was created by Wynand Louw
Hi guys

SecurityCheck extension gives the following message on my website with Membership Pro:

"Error: It has been detected a sequence that could mean a hacker attack. Your request can not be processed"

SecurityCheck website indicated to add Members Pro to the list of Exceptions and inform the developers.

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #138620 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic com_SecurityCheck
Hello Wynand

It could be a false assumption from that SecurityCheck extension as we are not aware of any security issue with the extension (if there is, it should already be reported in the extensions.joomla.org/vulnerable-extensions/vulnerable/

If you still worry about it, maybe submit a support ticket letting me know the details about that report/warning so that I can check it further if needed

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wynand Louw

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #139954 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic com_SecurityCheck
Thanks Tuan. I deactivated the Spamprotection status of SecurityCheck, which resolved the problem. It was blocking common names in South Africa even though it is part of an email address. For example something like Liza or Lisa.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Wynand Louw.

More
3 years 4 months ago #139964 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic com_SecurityCheck
OK Wynand. I'm glad that you got the issue sorted. Please continue using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan