Bug in notices? Two reminders sent at 30 days to expiration

• CEO
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133168 by CEO
Hello,

We have set up Membership Pro to send out an expiration notice at 30 days before expiration (also 1 week, then 1 day - 3 notices total).

Users are receiving two 30-day notices instead of 1 notice. The same user receives 2 notices on the same day about the 30-day expiration.

Are there two places in Membership Pro to specify a 30 day notice, or is this a bug?

Your help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133170 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

No, subscribers should only receive 1 reminder instead of 2 reminders as you said. So maybe it's a bug happens in some special case

To make it easier to check this issue, could you please go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, look at Log Email Types config option, choose to Log Reminder Emails, then continue monitoring it?

Now when the system sends reminder emails, the emails will be logged and viewable at Tools -> Emails Logs and easier for us to monitor it

Tuan

• CEO
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133175 by CEO
Hello,

I had previously turned on the email log, but it did not log duplicate emails, there. The duplicate emails appear in the in-box of the user’s email account, but I don’t see them in the log.

We have set up a 30 day, 14 day, and 1 day renewal notice in the configuration.

Our site is under development, and I am monitoring several test user accounts that I control, and I receive the reminder emails for these accounts, myself. Our subscription plan is an annual plan, and two of the user accounts came due for renewal in March.

Important Note: Our membership site is set up like a club. We charge an annual subscription fee for *access* to use the member-only features of the site - not for support of a downloaded product. We do not sell downloads, only access to the site. All users must log in to use the features, and we do not have a free or public membership tier. When the subscription expires, the user loses access to their account and the features of the site.

I reviewed the emails that appeared in the email in-box for one of the user accounts:

On 12 March 2020, the user received 2 notices that the subscription expires in 30 days. These 2 notices have slightly different subjects and text.

On 13 March 2020, one of the two notices was repeated - same subject and text, but sent 1 day later. This should not have happened because it arrived a day late.

On 26 March 2020, I logged in as that user and renewed the subscription (we are not using the auto-renew feature because we give the user a chance to decide for themselves if they want to renew). When the user’s email received the confirmation notice, I opened the confirmation email and clicked the link to confirm the subscription.

On 28 March 2020, the same user received two emails (with different text in each one) stating that the subscription will expire in 14 days. Renewal of the subscription did not prevent the second renewal reminder from being sent. The user account is still active on the site until the expiration date, but the renewal did not get recorded — the expiration date is still 14 April 2020. After renewal, the expiration should have changed to 14 April2021, but it did not.

Question #1: Are there 2 or more places in Membership Pro where the text of expiration emails can be written? Where are these locations inside Membership Pro?

Question #2: It appears that we have set up reminder emails in multiple places in Membership Pro, based on the two emails having different text. Are there multiple ways in Membership Pro to specify and trigger an expiration email?

Question #3: After a subscriber renews the subscription, how do I make sure the user does not continue to receive unnecessary reminders after they have renewed the subscription?

Question #4: Does the renewal reminder system get triggered when the site is not set up to auto-renew subscriptions?

Question #5: If the user buys renewal subscription, how can we make that subscription show up in their account?

Your help is appreciated.