Shouldn't test stripe checkout transactions be recorded?

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #134122 by spitjack
Using Stripe Checkout, test transactions do not appear in the site dashboard (but they appear on Stripe). Is there another endpoint needs configuring besides completed.checkout for test data? Will the live records show? (Note, the client is mainly going to be accessing from Stripe, so might only be an issue for the developer, ie, my office.)

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by spitjack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #134165 by spitjack
In answer to my own question: in test mode, Stripe transactions are not marked paid. When manually marked 'paid' (published) the numbers are there.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134213 by Mr. Dam
You mean that the donor records can only be changed to Completed when you make payment with Stripe Live mode, right? Are you sure your Test Stripe credentials are correct.
Thanks
Dam

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #134320 by spitjack
The test records are correct, but nothing is actually paid in test mode, so Stripe doesn't send back a completed transaction code. So I have to manually mark them paid to see what the dashboard looks like.

It's all good.

__

More
3 years 11 months ago #134328 by Alex Radin
I had this same problem but it was because I was using the webhook credentials from live mode and not test mode even though I was using the public and secret keys from test mode. If you check my post here it may help. here is the link joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro-ge...ing-sent.html#134267

At least it worked for me in membership pro. Make sure you take a look at the reply by Tuan where he included the attachment. After I flipped the toggel at stripe and went to the webhook I was able to get the test webhook and then stripe did respond with the completed transaction working as expected and the email was sent out automatically. Hope that helps!

More
3 years 11 months ago #134335 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Could you please provide the Webhook Url so i can see if it is correct.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt