Event Ticket Fee Surcharge

• Jim Plasker
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132868 by Jim Plasker
Event Ticket Fee Surcharge was created by Jim Plasker
I have multiple events in the same category with different event ticket base prices. I would like to add an item selection in the registration page for each event in that category that results in a surcharge being applied to the base ticket price and incorporate that surcharge in the final price (as a percent of the event fee) rather than as a fixed fee.

For example, if the event ticket is $50, "priority access" would result in the total cost being 20% higher or $60. If the event ticket is $40, the priority access would result in a total fee of $48.

If I create a custom field for "priority access" so that it appears in the registration form, it appears my only option for the added cost is to set a fixed price. With that limitation, I would need to have a separate and unique custom field for every surcharge amount rather than a single custom field for the category. Am I missing an option for setting the fee field as a multiplier of the event ticket fee? If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks for your help--

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132872 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event Ticket Fee Surcharge
Hi Jim

Actually, you can set Fee Values for an option using formula, like 0.2*[INDIVIDUAL_PRICE]

So depends on your setup, I think it's possible. Just let me know details requirement and I can give you clear instructions if needed

Tuan

• Jim Plasker
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132873 by Jim Plasker
Replied by Jim Plasker on topic Event Ticket Fee Surcharge
Hi Tuan--

Excellent--that works perfectly!

I didn't see that in the documentation. Searching for the [INDIVIDUAL_PRICE] variable now, I only found it mentioned in the Invoice section. Perhaps it could also be discussed in the Custom Fee portion of the documentation.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Jim

More
4 years 1 month ago #132874 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event Ticket Fee Surcharge
Yes Jim. The documentation is abit outdated. I'm working to update it

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc