• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #77875 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Introduce Fee Fields Generator plugin was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

On some websites, you might have to setup event which has different ticket types, each ticket type has different price. A typical example is setting up an event has two ticket types :
- Adult : 200$
- Children: 150$

In older version of Events Booking, you will have to setup the event, then create a radio custom fee field ( eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...wn-custom-field-type ), and assign that event. Doing it is time consuming, especially when you have to setup multiple events like that

From version 2.4.0, we have a new plugin called Events Booking - Fee Fields Generator which will help you setup this kind of events easier. You will have to :

- Go to Extensions -> Plugins, find and publish the plugin Events Booking - Fee Fields Generator.

- Define custom fields to allow enter pricing for each ticket types. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s.../event-custom-fields to understand how to create events custom fields. For example, in my sample setup, the fields,xml has this content, it has two fields, one to enter Adult Price and one to enter Children Price
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config> <fields name="params"> <fieldset name="basic"> <field name="field_adult_price" type="text" label="Adult Price" size="50" description=""></field> <field name="field_children_price" type="text" label="Children Price" size="50" description=""></field> </fieldset> </fields> </config>

- Find the plugin, edit it, there are some important parameters which you need to setup in the image below

- Now, when you create event, look at Extra Information Tab, you can enter different pricing options for this event (like in this screenshot drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RoJ_24efMQMVp...Tg/view?usp=drivesdk

- When you save the event, the system will create a custom fee field for that event based on the price you entered in Extra Information Tab. You won't have to create the custom fee field manually like before

- When users view the event, they will see the pricing information displayed like this on event list and event details page drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RoJ_24efMQVy1...WM/view?usp=drivesdk

- Finally, when users register for the event, they can choose the ticket type and they will have to pay the price depend on the option they select drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RoJ_24efMQMTJ...Vk/view?usp=drivesdk

This plugin is part of EB version 2.4.0 which we will release on tomorrow !

Hope it is helpful plugin for some of you

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamiRae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78686 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Introduce Fee Fields Generator plugin
Will they be able to do a quantity based on each fee? Like 3 adult 2 children?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78710 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Introduce Fee Fields Generator plugin
Hi Bill

For this, they will need to perform a group registration. Then for each group member, they will need to choose whether it is Children or Adult

If you need to allow registrant to enter number adults and number children in simple textbox and calculate total registration fee based on the data entered, you will need to create the textbox manually. See joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...d-children.html#8948 for instructions

Tuan

More
8 years 5 days ago #79713 by OTWD
Replied by OTWD on topic Introduce Fee Fields Generator plugin
Hi Tuan
I am using EB 2.4.2
I have enabled the Fee field plugin and entered the same settings as you showed in your screen shot
I have then added the following into the fields.xml file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config> <fields name="params"> <fieldset name="basic"> <field name="field_adult_price" type="text" label="Adult Price" size="50" description=""></field> <field name="field_children_price" type="text" label="Child Price" size="50" description=""></field> </fieldset> </fields> </config>

In the Extra info tab i can see my xml fields and have entered a adult and child price of 50 and 25 respectively.
The xml fields however are not showing in my registration form.
Do i still need to add a custom field e.g a radio to enable this?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #79721 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Introduce Fee Fields Generator plugin
EDIT: Oops -- I didn't realize until after posting that you were trying to get the new Fee Field Generator plugin working. My bad! I was still thinking the old, per-events way!

[strike]This should be done through Custom Fields and not fields.xml . Fields.xml is for adding display data to at the Event details level, and not for adding elements to a registration form itself (and, yes, this is a bit confusing on the documentation page).

To access the Custom Field manager, click Custom Fields on the Event Booking dashboard for components menu.
For more info on setting up a Custom Fee Field, see the documentation at eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...ds/custom-fee-fields [/strike]

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by James Riley.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 days ago #79778 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@On Twd: Are you using shopping cart ? If so, this feature won't work. This feature will only work if you use Individual / Group registration option

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 4 days ago #79785 by OTWD
Replied by OTWD on topic Introduce Fee Fields Generator plugin
No not using a shopping cart and its deactivated in the configuration

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 days ago #79831 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

In this case, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account. I am going to check it directly on your site to see why it doesn't work and get it sorted for you (it would be good if you could wait until Monday as we have a quick holiday and don't work this weekend)

A quick check would be going to Events Booking -> Custom Fields, check to see whether there is any new custom field created after you entered the price for the event?

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 9 months ago #100923 by Marc Kettemann
Replied by Marc Kettemann on topic Introduce Fee Fields Generator plugin
Is it possible that the Fee Fields Generator creats a "List Field" instead of a "Radio Field"?

Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100951 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Marc

I modified the plugin abit to make it creating List / Select custom field

Please install this updated version of the plugin, then try to setup a new event and check the custom fee field created to make sure it works as expected

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc Kettemann

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc