Packing Slip that doesn't show price

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #88140 by Steven J
Packing Slip that doesn't show price was created by Steven J
Is it possible to create a Packing Slip that we can include in packages we ship that does not show the prices? The Invoice with prices sent to the customer after placing an order is very useful so they (and we) can see the items and the charges. Many times, however, our products are ordered as gifts being sent to another party and the customer would prefer that there be a Packing Slip (so the recipient can verify what should have been sent), but without prices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago #88170 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Packing Slip that doesn't show price
Hello Steven,

Sound like this is an outstanding issue and it is not supported by our extension.

Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #88204 by Steven J
Replied by Steven J on topic Packing Slip that doesn't show price
Could other eShop users explain how they deal with this issue (is there any eShop generated paperwork you include with the order when the purchaser says 'this is a gift, please don't show the prices')? For example, Amazon includes a "Packing Slip" that only lists the items without prices. Thank you.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago #88235 by Giang Dinh Truong
May that I will consider to add this feature in the future.

Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #144857 by Steven J
Have you given this suggestion more consideration?

Many customer orders are shipped directly to third parties as gifts. Because of this, we renamed the invoice generated by EShop to "Packing Slip" and use a modified [PRODUCTS_LIST] table in the invoice that does not include prices. This Packing List shows the customer name, the recipient, the shipping address, the items purchased, etc., but excludes prices, and is included with all orders.

Customers often ask us to resend the order confirmation (because they misplaced it or the original email is in their spam folder) that shows the prices. To do this, we must replace the modified products list table with the original version that has prices, download the invoice, and then restore the products list table to the modified version without prices. This is cumbersome.

It would be very helpful if EShop could generate both an Invoice (with prices) and an Alternate Invoice (a packing slip without prices) which could be more easily selected and downloaded.

Steven

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145124 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear Steven,

Thank you for explaining more about that. I will maybe add this improvement into EShop. If you can upload 2 examples of Invoice with price and corresponding Packing Slip without price so I can see, then I will find a possible to implement it.

Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #145125 by Steven J
Giang,

Thanks for reconsidering this.

Attached is an example of my Packing Slip Without Prices. I've somehow lost (or forgot) the ability to generate the EShop default invoice that includes prices, so I've attached an example of an invoice with prices we used a few years ago. Aside from the formatting changes, the only difference is that the version without prices does not include (a) the Unit Price column, (b) the Total column, (c) the items sub-total row, (d) the shipping cost row, and (e) the order total row.

Attachments:

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #145126 by Steven J

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145141 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Steven,

Thank you for that. Beside hiding price information, seem the Payment Address information is also hidden from the packing slip, correct?

Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #145162 by Steven J
Yes, the payment address would also be hidden from the Packing Slip (although in my case, we removed the payment address from the regular Invoice message too). The Payment Method tag would not, in my case, be needed in the Packing Slip I would send to gift recipients either.Instead of picking and choosing the tags and fields that would work for all users, it might be more versatile if you created (1) a [PRODUCTS_LIST_WITHOUT_PRICES] tag that showed the products purchased without any of the pricing details, (2) an “Invoice Layout-Alternate” message that could be customized in the Messages section just like the existing “Invoice Layout” message to select tags and format the message, and (3) a mechanism to select which invoice message was generated for the customer's order. This selection mechanism should certainly be in the back-end. Ideally, this selection mechanism would also be in a front-end checkbox for a customer to select during checkout (e.g., “this is a gift – please include a gift receipt without prices”).

Steven

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong