taxes... can't make them appear

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #41067 by spitjack
taxes... can't make them appear was created by spitjack
i have taxes enabled and configured, but cannot make them appear at checkout. what did i miss?

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #41070 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: taxes... can't make them appear
Hi again,
Tax should be configured for different geo zones and assigned for product. You should read the documentation for the tax here: eshop.joomdonation.org/docs/#!/browsing_the_back_end_taxes
By the way, can you please add me on Skype so we can chat there directly? My Skype ID is outsourcepro
Sincerely, Giang

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #41074 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic Re: taxes... can't make them appear
Thank you. I was able to get the tax feature working, but not in the way one would expect. E-shop is adding taxes to the product price, so it looks like we are 8% more expensive than the competition. A $6.49 product shows up as $7.01.

Here (USA) the convention is that taxes are only added after the subtotal. So it would read

Grommet 12-pack...$6.49 <--- no tax in unit price

Sub-Total..................$6.49 <--- no tax here, either
Sales Tax.................$0.52 <--- the only place the tax is to be shown. it is not part of the product cost.
Total Cost.................$7.01

EDIT:
Is this a matter of removing things like "$taxes" from cart.php?
$this->getSubTotalCosts($totalData, $total, $taxes);

or perhaps editing one or two of the functions? The goal is to see the taxes in only one place, as shown above.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by spitjack.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #41159 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Junior,
I think I understood what you want. In EShop, we have a configuration option to Show/Hide tax at product price. Please go to Eshop->Configuration->Option tab to turn it off. I hope that this will work for you.
Sincerely, Giang

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #41165 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic Re: taxes... can't make them appear
I'll try that. I hope that will eliminate taxes from being included in the subtotal. (Here in the US, that is the only place we show consumption taxes). Thanks.

(So far this storefront is working well enough that we are deploying as a live beta, not just a sandbox test.)

__

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #41196 by Giang Dinh Truong
OK That is great.
If you need any more helps, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong