All questions about EDocman extension

bug / when you modify the tree structure (with clumsiness)

• HIRYO
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #135674 by HIRYO
bug if you do something stupid was created by HIRYO
Hi M. Dam,

I had a bug: if you do something stupid like move a folder on itself or move a parent folder under one of these child folders.

validation generates the joomla error: 0 - Joomla\CMS\Table::moveByReference() is trying to make record ID *** a child of itself.
Code:
Joomla\CMS\Table\Asset::moveByReference() is trying to make record ID 428 a child of itself. Call stack # Function Location 1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_edocman/libraries/rad/model/admin.php:217 2 OSModelAdmin->save() JROOT/components/com_edocman/model/editcategory.php:125 3 EDocmanModelEditCategory->saveCategory() JROOT/components/com_edocman/controller/controller.php:170 4 EDocmanController->savecategory() JROOT/administrator/components/com_edocman/libraries/rad/controller/controller.php:301 5 OSController->execute() JROOT/components/com_edocman/edocman.php:29 6 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402 7 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377 8 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194 9 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233 10 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196 11 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/index.php:49

Consequence: this folder is no longer visible in edocman (as well as all the files)

Could you handle this anomaly to correctly generate an error message in edocman? example: impossible to move

Thank you for your interest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HIRYO
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #136176 by HIRYO
Hello,

Am I the only one who encountered this anomaly?
I've reproduced it on 2 sites and locally.

Moving a category works fine but if I move it on itself or on a child branch I have this problem.
... moreover, once the error, the "user document" menu doesn't work anymore

More
3 years 9 months ago #136182 by Mr. Dam
Hi Hiryo,
That issue relates to Joomla Assets (core Joomla function), it can happen with any content of different extensions, not just Edocman. And we can't solve this kind of issue. You just can remove existing categories and add them again to see if the issue happens again or not.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: alecomm

More
2 years 11 months ago #143275 by alecomm
I have this exact issue created from moving a category underneath another one. i don't see how i could have moved it under a child category but it looks like this maybe the issue. has anyone got any answers because my whole site is crashed and im at a loss as to what to do to fix,

More
2 years 11 months ago #143277 by Mr. Dam
Hi Alecomm,
Could you please give me real example about this issue so we can understand it clearly
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam