Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Group Registration - Populate data from...

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #87836 by Andrew Hicks
Group Registration - Populate data from... was created by Andrew Hicks
Hi Tuan,
This is a really nice feature. Thank you very much.
Please may I request another option within the drop-down list.
Please can this list include the option to use the data for the person making the booking - just like Individual Registration already does automatically.
Usually if a person makes a group booking instead of an individual booking it means they want to invite guests, but they still wish to attend themselves.
The system already knows who they are - the link to the membership database is used for Individual Registration.
Please can that also be an option in the "Populate data from" list. That way they don't have to input their own data. Also they can use the same data for other people that live with them (and have mostly the same data) eg partner or children.
I think this would make things very easy for users, compared to present.
Regards,
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #87844 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Registration - Populate data from...
You meant the person who makes the booking is already logged in, and you want to use the data from his previous registration to fill-in the information of first group member in group members information section?

Tuan

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #87861 by Andrew Hicks
Replied by Andrew Hicks on topic Group Registration - Populate data from...
Yes, exactly, Tuan.

If the person doing the booking makes a registration only for themself then they use Register (Individual) and all fields are auto-populated with members data. So we know the data is available for that person.

If the person wishes to bring a guest (eg partner or child) then they use Register (Group) - in which case they have to fill in all the fields for all group members - including themself.

Since you added the "Populate data from" option, I would like to add an extra choice - use data for person doing registration as "My data".

This would certainly be useful for the first Member (usually this would be the person registering, booking themselves to attend).

It would probably also be useful for the other members of the group - assuming it is higly likely they are close relatives so same address, etc.

Regards,
Andrew

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #90515 by Andrew Hicks
Replied by Andrew Hicks on topic Group Registration - Populate data from...
Hi Tuan,
We are now 'live' and - as predicted - people are already asking me for this feature. Is this something scheduled for any future releases in the forseable future, please? Just so I can give them an answer.
We are getting lots of positive comments as well, so everyone is really pleased.
Kind regards,
Andrew

More
6 years 7 months ago #102541 by c_g_white
Replied by c_g_white on topic Group Registration - Populate data from...
This is exactly the feature that I have been looking for for 5 years now.

Group bookings should have the first member as the person who is making the booking and the rest are guests.

Regards,

Chris.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam