Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Add registrants

• cyfarian
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #62303 by cyfarian
Add registrants was created by cyfarian
Hi. I looked over the documentation, but still have 2 questions...

1. Can administrators ADD registrants to events? I'd need to block registrants from booking events. It needs to only be done by administrators.

2. When adding registrants, can the list of available registrants be filtered by fields in a community builder profile?

If these aren't available out of the box, can you provide a quote for custom modification?

Some background info:
My client needs a directory/profile component (Community Builder) merged with an existing events component...But not in the typical sense. They don't want people to be able to select whether they are attending the event or not, they want to be able to add attendees from an administrator account only. The people populating the events are being paid to attend the event as employees.

The events history and upcoming events would need to be listed on the corresponding profile within a tab, along with some sort of custom field per event to indicate if the person received a payment and how much they were paid.

The calendar interface would need to have a filter function for selecting which types of profiles show up based on the fields within the profile.

The calendar would need the standard interface of being able to browse by day, week, month, year, etc.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #62315 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Add registrants
Hi cyfarian

#1 => It is possible. Administrator can add registrants to events from backend of your site.

#2=> If you want to select a user from Community Builder and insert him as registrant of the event, then it is possible.

However, based on your requirement, I think if you decide to go with Events Booking (or any other extension), I think you will have to prepare to customize it to meet your own need. I don't see any extension support this kind of feature:

The events history and upcoming events would need to be listed on the corresponding profile within a tab, along with some sort of custom field per event to indicate if the person received a payment and how much they were paid.

The calendar interface would need to have a filter function for selecting which types of profiles show up based on the fields within the profile.

So please think about it carefully before making decision

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyfarian

• cyfarian
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #62344 by cyfarian
Replied by cyfarian on topic Add registrants
Thank you for answering #1 & #2.

I think with CB Query, I may be able to create a events history tab on the profile.

Lastly, just to clarify, can I create custom fields for the registrants per event? (i.e. a payroll amount field?)

More
8 years 10 months ago #62345 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Add registrants

Lastly, just to clarify, can I create custom fields for the registrants per event?

=> Yes. Each event can has it own custom fields to store information of registrants for that event.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam