Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Which is correct extension for my needs?

• farid silva
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #49707 by farid silva
Which is correct extension for my needs? was created by farid silva
Hello, I'm developing a joomla website with a pdf download section.
Documents must be organized on 3 categories, each of one will have different membership. So only users registered under each category will be able to download pdf files from that section.
At the same time, all files will have an abstract text which must be free for all, so you can read the abstract and if you are interested in that document you could buy a membership.
Nobody can buy a single document instead a membership, but anybody can buy more than a membership to download files from more than a category.
The abstract should be a normal joomla article, so the pdf file should work as attachment for the article.
So my question is if I must buy a membership or a doc manager component?

Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by farid silva.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49716 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Which is correct extension for my needs?
Hi Silva

I think you can use Membership Pro and EDocman in this case with a clever setup. Membership Pro and EDocman can be used together to handle download restrictions function.

For the problem with abstract text which is Joomla article, I think you can write the abstract text into the Joomla article. And at the end of that article, you can write text like that :

If you want to download the full document, you can sign up for this subscription plan [PLAN_A] link. After that, access to Downloads menu item to download the document....

That solution should work well, I think. However, the document could not be attached to the article, unfortunately

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #49778 by ola
Hi Tuan am yet to receive any information from you concerning the GT payment plugin. This is the third week since I made the payment.

Thanks for your understanding.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49786 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Which is correct extension for my needs?
Hi Ola

I had it completed. Please see my response on support ticket so that we can setup to your your site and test it

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam