2Checkout Update

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #74153 by Dave B
2Checkout Update was created by Dave B
Hello, I got an email from 2Checkout about some changes. Does this apply to your method of redirecting to them to pay?

Dear Valued Merchant,

From protecting the identity of our Merchants to securing your customers' transactions, our focus here at 2Checkout is to process your payments securely and efficiently while adhering to the latest changes and updates within the payments industry.

The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council (SSC) has released its latest data security standard (DSS) 3.1, which mandates all businesses move away from Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) web encryption because it's no longer considered strong enough.

Your customers often notice SSL when a little padlock appears online to denote that the encrypted transmission of sensitive payment data is now possible, allowing a transaction to go ahead during the checkout process. It may also appear when your customers view SSL security certificates.

After a series of browser attacks took advantage of vulnerabilities in Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the PCI Data Security Standard was updated to use the more secure, current version of Transport Layer Security (TLS).

The 3.1 upgrade will dissolve the use of SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 as permitted security protocols, so 2Checkout will no longer support SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 as of June 30th, 2016. This will mean that all API requests, Vendor Admin sessions and standard checkout processes will need to use TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.

As a Merchant, you may need to make updates to your servers, programming language and even the browser you are using.

The 2Checkout Sandbox environment, sandbox.2checkout.com, has already been changed to support only TLS1.1 and TLS1.2. Tests can be performed today with your shopping cart integration and API calls against that environment, so you can get ahead of the June 30th deadline.

2Checkout will be sending additional communications to you as information becomes available, along with any other updates we may have.

As always, you may reach us at techsuppport@2heckout.com with any questions.

Integrations Team
2Checkout
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Dave B.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #74818 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic 2Checkout Update
Are you guys still around?

I can post a support ticket either.

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #75676 by Dave B
This is rather rude to ignore this post.

More
8 years 2 months ago #75813 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 2Checkout Update
Hi Dave

Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore this post. I forgot to answer it.

From what I see, this change won't affect the 2Checkout payment plugin, so you won't have to worry about it

You can continue to use 2Checkout payment plugin which you are having right now

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave B

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #75849 by Dave B
No worries, just needed to know.
Thanks

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc