Questions about Payment Form extension

10-28 version doesn't allow user defined amounts

• mkuske
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #52703 by mkuske
I recently downloaded the Payment Forms version updated 10/28. Have spent my whole day trying to get it to work. The only way it will work in any way is if the "Amount" field is set to be a pre-determined fee as it is as the default for installation. If I turn the "Fee Field" value to "No", all payment methods disappear and on the front end, the form will readily progress from the information gathering page to the "Thank you" page with absolutely no payment processing...nor any way payment could be processed, since there are then no available payment types to choose from. Switch the "Fee Field" value back to "Yes" and all the payment types are visible again.

Contrary to the "documentation", there is no option for "Enable enter payment amount". I did not intend this to be used to handle only a few pre-determined payment amounts. I need it to "allow customers enter the payment amount they want (into a text Amount field) and process payment" as it says on the Joomla extensions site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #52711 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 10-28 version doesn't allow user defined amounts
Hi

You just need to set Fee Field of the Amount field to Yes and users will be able to enter the amount he want to pay into that field and I believe it will work as expected.

Or I mis-understand you ?

Tuan

• mkuske
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #52753 by mkuske
My bad. My eyes immediately saw the "Total Amount" field on the front end -- which doesn't allow an entry -- and didn't look for another place on the form to enter the amount. I can get a little singular focused like that sometimes. :S

That brings up another question, though. I don't charge any processing fees, so the amount showing in the "Total Amount" box is always going to be the same as the amount entered in the "Amount" text-box . Is there any way I can make the "Total Amount" box invisible to the end user, to remove the possibility of any similar confusion by my clients?

More
9 years 4 months ago #52766 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 10-28 version doesn't allow user defined amounts
Hi

In this case, we will need to add some css code to hide this. Maybe submit a support ticket sending us super admin account so that I can ask my developer to modify it for you ?

Or if you can wait, give me about 2 or 3 more days to update the code of the extension to hide the total amount box (the below one) for this special case and will maintain it in the core package ?

Tuan

• mkuske
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #52776 by mkuske
I can wait a few days, if it means it is integrated into the package.

More
9 years 4 months ago #52798 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's great. Thanks. Will inform you when the feature is implemented

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amy

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc