PayPal...credit card option?

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #50309 by spitjack
PayPal...credit card option? was created by spitjack
I expected to see the ability to pay via credit card on paypal, as one usually does. Is this because I'm in test mode? Not all our donations will come from people with PayPal accounts. Now what?

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #50313 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic PayPal...credit card option?
OK - PayPal Pro plugin seems to have this info built in. :)

RESOLVED

i think.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50329 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PayPal...credit card option?
Hi

Usually, when users are redirected to Paypal, they can choose to pay by balance in his Paypal account or by credit card. If credit card option is not available, maybe you will have to contact Paypal and ask them about it.

For Paypal Pro, it allow users to enter credit card payment directly on your site to process payment without having to be redirected to Paypal. However, please note that Paypal Pro can only be used in US, UK and Canada. It could not be used on other countries

Tuan

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #50364 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic PayPal...credit card option?
I was surprised to not see the credit card options at the bottom of the screen after clicking the submit button. Is that because it's running in sandbox mode?

(As I recall, I think PayPal pro requires the client to have a corresponding $30/month subscription at PayPal, which they will likely not want to sign up for.)

EDIT: changing from test mode to live mode worked.

__
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by spitjack. Reason: update

More
9 years 3 months ago #55199 by Derrick Thomas
Replied by Derrick Thomas on topic PayPal...credit card option?
Hello Tuan,

Rather than starting a new topic, I decided to add to this one. I have a PayPal Pro account and purchase the Plugin payfloPro today to go with Membership Pro. When testing after clicking on submit, the page goes blank. The membership account is created but says pending of course and there is not credit card processing. Please help.

Thanks

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc