Questions about Payment Form extension

Adding a Text Field with Editor & Storing HTML Txt

• millermultimedia
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45122 by millermultimedia
Adding a Text Field with Editor & Storing HTML Txt was created by millermultimedia
Hello,
I am developing a website where I need to allow users to submit basic formatted text in the payment form. I have successfully added the default Joomla editor by editing the "fields.php" file in the helpers directory and swapping out the textarea form code for the appropriate code to display the editor. This works fine. The issue I am running into is that Joomla strips out all HTML code from the submitted results. My understanding is that this happens when the form data is processed and the JRequest::getVar command is used to look up the submitted formatted text. JRequest::getVar will be delete the HTML unless it has been specifically told not to using the JREQUEST_ALLOWHTML option. I have searched the payment form code and am finding quite a few places with the jRequest code.

My question is where do I need to look in order to find where custom field textarea field data is processed? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• millermultimedia
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45131 by millermultimedia
Replied by millermultimedia on topic Adding a Text Field with Editor & Storing HTML Txt
I resolved my own question. It turned out to be a simple formatting issue. For the jRequest::getVar statements, in the textarea section of the fields.php file I had to include included ", 'post', 'string', JREQUEST_ALLOWHTML)" at the end of the statement. I had originally not included the post and string options. The HTML formatted text from the editor is now being passed through.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45147 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Adding a Text Field with Editor & Storing HTML Txt
Yeah ! That's the correct solution ! Thanks for sharing it here !

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #73755 by Patrick Toulze
Replied by Patrick Toulze on topic Adding a Text Field with Editor & Storing HTML Txt
Can you show the complete solution to do that ?

How come you don’t add as a choice for your component ?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Patrick Toulze.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc