How to require fields, i.e. Phone #, Address

• Philip S. Hempel
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #66803 by Philip S. Hempel
How to require fields, i.e. Phone #, Address was created by Philip S. Hempel
I have recently purchased OS Services Booking. I am using this in a slightly different fashion than what most people will have purchased this product for.

My use of this is for supporting clients that when first setting up an appointment may be requesting someone to come to there location.

I need a way to require phone number as well as the address fields so that we may contact the user prior to confirming the appointment.
I allow a free first time consultation so there would not be any payment required and no other information would be gathered. I would like in some way to allow this to work in this fashion.
I have looked at other appointment software that does allow you to state any fields that you have setup in the system to be required.
I also would love to have drop downs for the states and cities as well. This way I can also enter the city and states that I will support for on site visits.

Also one other thing I am trying to do is set a amount of time on on site support to an hour prior to the appoint so that the consultant can be given time to arrive at the location.
Is there a way to do this or have this to be done?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66808 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic How to require fields, i.e. Phone #, Address
Hi Phillip,
Thank you for chosing OS Services Booking, regarding to your problems. I would like to answer as below:
1. You need to have the field Phone in Checkout form is required. I can help you to implement it.
2. You want to have the dropdown select lists for States and Cities, but currently, OS Services Booking doesn't have feature to setup it. Hope you understand.
3. If you are using Normal time slots Service in your Booking system and for example, your service time length for each time slot is 30 mins, you can setup the field Step in minus is 45 mins. In that case, the consultant will have 15 mins before starting new appointment in specific location.
By the way, you can submit ticket and send your site information with super admin account. I will help you to add the Phone field is required.
Hope my answers are clear to you.
Thanks
Dam

• Philip S. Hempel
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #66810 by Philip S. Hempel
Replied by Philip S. Hempel on topic How to require fields, i.e. Phone #, Address
When I was talking about the time for allowing someone to set a schedule, what I meant is something like this.
It is now 8:00 am the user wants to set an appointment so the earliest the user would be able to create an appointment would be 9:00. We only cover a 30 mile radius for support so that usually is a max of one hour.
Is there a way to make this work as well? Like a required lead time for appointments setting?

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Philip S. Hempel.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66880 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic How to require fields, i.e. Phone #, Address
Hi,
In this case, you can use Venue feature. When you use Venue, you can setup to disable the booking X hours from current time. For example, you setup the Disable booking time is 1 hour. It means customer can't book the timeslot 1 hour from his (her) current time.
But to use this feature, you need to remember 3 points
1. You should select the Service when you add/edit venue
2. When you assign employee to service, you need to select corresponding Venue in the dropdown list (beside Sevice checkbox)
3. When you setup menu to Default layout of OS Services Booking (Booking table page). you need to select the Venue from the dropdown select list.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam