Some display problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #56666 by John
Some display problems was created by John
Hi, I'm in the early stages of setting up OS Services Booking. I've managed to get some key functionality working including Gcalender integration and Clickatell. I have been checking out the settings in the backend and booked a few appointments and this all seemed to work fine.

However the submit button has now mysteriously disappeared. So you select your service and it takes you to the user details screen. There is a checkbox for agreeing the TOS but the submit button is missing. This is intermittent - sometimes the button shows up, but mostly it doesn't. This happens if the cart is selected or not - no difference.

I have had a couple of other odd display symptoms also. The left arrow on the date picker is not there at all. The right arrow is there initially but disappears after the first click. It still operates, but you can't see the arrow. Also when I first tested it, the dropdowns in the date picker were empty but now that is working.

I've disabled all the custom CSS and I haven't made any changes to the product except through the backend. I'm quite keen to get it working but I'm wondering if I have some conflict with the shape5 template or some of the other modules that are installed. Any tips on how to get this stable would be appreciated.

Regards
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56667 by John
Replied by John on topic Some display problems
Well I've confirmed its not the template. I've just tried it with a couple of other shape5 and T3 templates and get the same result.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56669 by John
I turned off all the other modules on the site and the problem was still there. However his CSS fixes it:

.btn .btn-success {
display: block !important; /* Fix submit button not displaying */
}

The issues seem to be CSS related rather than a jQuery conflict. I'm happy enough that the problem is resolved provided it doesn't break something else. I haven't yet had a look at the issue with the picker arrow but I assume it has the same cause. If there is a better or more permanent fix please let me know.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56687 by John
Well, I couldn't get this to work with any of the shape5 templates - the CSS just seems broken. However it works as expected with T3 templates e.g. Purity and JA Medicare and it looks good.

I need a booking system and I've checked out all the others including ABPro. I like the features in OS Services, so I've decided to switch to T3. I've been thinking about doing it anyway but I was trying to avoid the learning curve. Tell you the truth my only concern is that I've been having a conversation with myself in this forum. I'd appreciate some support getting this set up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OTWD

More
9 years 2 months ago #56689 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Some display problems
Hi John,
Sorry for late response. Can you please let me know your site url so i can check the issue of problem. By the way, my Skype name is: thucdam84. You can add me and we will work together.
Thanks
Dam

More
9 years 2 months ago #56726 by John
Thanks Dam. It actually hasn't been that long since I made the post; I'm putting a lot of hours into this and it seems longer.

I've made some progress and I'm now using a customised JA Medicare T3 template with OS Services. This has solved the CSS problems I had with the Shape5 templates.

The issue I'm now having is that OS Services uses bootsrap 2 and the T3 template uses bootstrap 3. The site looks OK until you load OS Services and then the header position alignment breaks. I've turned on bootstrap 2 compatibility in the template but the result is the same.

Renaming all the css files in the OS services bootstrap folder stops it from breaking the layout and the OS Services default booking page doesn't look to bad. However it displays in a single column - OK for a responsive view but not much good for a desktop.

I'm pretty happy with the T3 template and I'm keen to get OS Services displaying properly.

The site is being developed on an in-house server but I can make it available on the net if required. Before I do that, is there anything obvious I can try?

Thanks
John

More
9 years 2 months ago #56728 by Mr. Dam
Hi John,
Please submit ticket and send your site url with super admin account. Let me know the css issues between bootstrap 2 and bootstrap 3. We will solve it for you
Thanks
Dam

More
9 years 2 months ago #56737 by John
Hi Dam,

Well, it turns out the issue with the T3 template wasn't OS Services. I was using the version 2 bootstrap syntax to define custom positions. When I realized and fixed it OS Services looks great.

Thanks for your support.

Regards
John

More
9 years 2 months ago #56787 by Mr. Dam
OK, if you have any problem, please let me know
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam