"GCalendar integration" is temporary shutting down

More
3 years 8 months ago #136957 by Stjepan
I'm looking forward to the answer, I hope there is a solution

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136958 by Paul Winer
I got through all the google screens but, frankly, had no idea what I was doing. I created a p12 and a key. I'm not getting very far. AND it seems that every one of my "employees" will need to create their own API and enter their key into OS Booking's Manage Employee screen. Crazy!

I asked this question at topic joomdonation.com/forum/os-services-booki...-every-employee.html

There are many many sites on the web where users can simply click, maybe twice, to give the site access to their google calendar (and contacts.....). OS Booking should be able to do this too. I understand it requiring one API to be setup. But not one for EVERY employee.

Thanks,
Paul

More
3 years 8 months ago #136959 by Stjepan
It's too cumbersome for me, I'll look around for something simpler, OS is too complicated for me and too cumbersome for the customers, customers just want to book and not set up their own calendar to book an appointment ...

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #136967 by Mr. Dam
Hi Paul,
I am online through Skype now, let me now if we can chat directly.
Thanks
Dam

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #136968 by Mr. Dam
@Stjepan, you can add my Skype name: thucdam84, i will help you to setup GCalendar integration
Thanks
Dam

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #136972 by Mr. Dam

Stjepan wrote: unfortunately no, that's why I didn't get any further, unfortunately OS booking ... cannot be used without gcalender ... You can then also enter bookings via telephone if you have to transfer the OS b ... manually from the mails to the calendar

GCalendar integration is one of features of OS Services Booking, you can use OS Services Booking without integration with GCalendar. When you integrate OS Services Booking with GCalendar, the event (booking) will be added into employee's GCalendar and they can track their work
Thanks
Dam

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #136973 by Mr. Dam

Paul Winer wrote: Ooooooooh. You're telling me that "GCalendar" is a separate component! I had no idea. JoomDonation refers to it in the OS Booking documentation but never explicitly states that it is a separate component. That's frustrating. After all this time I'm just now learning this.
I look and it "Easy GCalendar" was last updated in Dec 2018! It's old. The last blog entry is May 2017!!

So Does JoomDonation expect me to pay "Daniel" at GCalendar $15 per year so I can use JoomDonation's OS Booking component which I also pay $39 per year for?

I am not sure with your idea, GCalendar integration is just one feature of OS Services Booking extension, and you don't need to pay any additional cost to have GCalendar integration feature, because you already purchased OS Services Booking

Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam