OS Services Booking - confirm necessary functions

• Steven Koontz
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46086 by Steven Koontz
Hi,

I am looking at OS Services Booking, and after reading the docs it seems to be what I am looking for. I just wanted you to confirm a couple things that I still could not determine if it's possible after reading over the docs.

I need the following functionality. Please note those items in bold are absolutely necessary:

- Set time slots; there are 4 slots M-F and 5 slots Sat and Sun.
- Each time slot has two openings; I need every time slot to be able to be booked once or a maximum of twice
- Booking system automatically turned off on weekends; yes, there are time slots on weekends but booking can ONLY be done M-F.
- Booking system can be manually de-activated on holidays
- Time restrictions; must book minimum 48 hours in advance, and up to maximum 90 days in advance.
- Bookings are pending until approved by admin
- NO payment processing; these bookings are free for club members
- EasySocial integration - App to show My Bookings

Thanks in advance for confirming these items. I look forward to working with OS Services Booking and hope it's what I need! :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46088 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
There are 2 problems i need to ask you here
Time restrictions; must book minimum 48 hours in advance, and up to maximum 90 days in advance.
It means user can only book the time slots of 2 next days, and they can't make booking request on time slots after next 90 days?

EasySocial integration - App to show My Bookings ? How do you want to integrate. Currently, OSB doesn't have option to integrate with any third party extensions.

Thanks
Dam

• Steven Koontz
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46089 by Steven Koontz
Replied by Steven Koontz on topic OS Services Booking - confirm necessary functions
Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, we will have the same time slots all year. However, an appointment must be made at least 48 hours in advance, and no appointments can be made beyond 90 days.

Example: today is June 17. I can only book an appointment for dates between June 19 and September 19th. I CANNOT book any appointments for today or tomorrow, nor could I book an appointment for October.

No problem on the EasySocial App. The idea would be to have the App allow the user to see his bookings within EasySocial, but really this is not a big deal.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46090 by Mr. Dam
Hi Steven,
It's all ok now, and congratulation, you can use OS Services Booking for your website.
By this way, you system will have one venue - is used for time restriction, the custom time slots service, each time slot has 2 seats.
Working time from Monday to Friday
You also can setup Not-working time for employees on Holiday.

One small minor, in the first idea. You said, on Sat and Sun, you have 5 time slots while in second post, you wrote the system off in the weekend. Please make clear this point
Thanks
Dam

• Steven Koontz
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46091 by Steven Koontz
Replied by Steven Koontz on topic OS Services Booking - confirm necessary functions
Yes, that is correct. These are appointments for using a club house. The club house can be used 7 days a week, however the actual action of BOOKING can only take place M-F. So, if I want to book the club house for Monday, June 23rd, I would have to do it by Friday, since the system does not allow the user to place bookings on Sat and Sun. This is because the administrators do not want to be bothered with getting emails over the weekend. They just want to relax!

So, on weekends, the system does not take bookings. You have to wait until Monday. HOWEVER there ARE time slots on weekends. So it's only the ability to book that is disabled during the weekend. Is that clear?

Thanks so much for the clarifications!

More
9 years 10 months ago #46092 by Mr. Dam
It's ok, because on Sat and Sun, you can unpublish the menu to Booking page, so user can't access to make the booking request in Weekend dates
Thanks
Dam

• Steven Koontz
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46093 by Steven Koontz

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: It's ok, because on Sat and Sun, you can unpublish the menu to Booking page, so user can't access to make the booking request in Weekend dates
Thanks
Dam

Wouldn't unpublishing the menu item also hide the calendar? We want people to be able to SEE the calendar on weekends, but not able to BOOK on weekends.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46094 by Mr. Dam
Hi Steven,
In that case, we need to make the modification on OS Services Booking. But no problem, i can do it for you.
Thanks
Dam

• Steven Koontz
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46095 by Steven Koontz
OK am purchasing now. Thanks for all the clarifications, and I will see how we end up handling the weekend issue.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46096 by Mr. Dam
Hi Steven,
Ok, you can add my Skype name: thucdam84, so we can chat directly
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Koontz

Moderators: Mr. Dam