OS Property support center

SOLVED !!! database backup and restore error

• Enzo Artale
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #60446 by Enzo Artale
Hi Dam
I've tried out the database backup and restore function in my local test site. No problem in creating database backup file, but by trying to restore the database, I get the following two error messages:
"Attenzione
JFile: :copy(C:/xampp/htdocs/c-v.info-prove-2-backup-post-quickstart/tmp/gzip551acba71f4a5, C:\xampp\htdocs\c-v.info-prove-2-backup-post-quickstart\components\com_osproperty\backup/opbackup_03_31_2015__18_23_55_v1.0.sql): copy(C:\xampp\htdocs\c-v.info-prove-2-backup-post-quickstart/C:/xampp/htdocs/c-v.info-prove-2-backup-post-quickstart/tmp/gzip551acba71f4a5): failed to open stream: Invalid argument"
(please note that "C:/xampp/htdocs/c-v.info-prove-2-backup-post-quickstart/" is the site path in my local installation)
and
"impossible extract file"
I didn't try the function yet in the development site 'cause I better prefer to have your opinion first. Waiting for your help, thanks.
Enzo
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #60467 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic database backup and restore error
Hi,
We haven't gotten any issue like this. So we advise you to upload your site to one hosting and provide us information of your site for us to check the issue
Thanks
Dam

• Enzo Artale
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #60479 by Enzo Artale
Replied by Enzo Artale on topic database backup and restore error
Hi Dam
The site is already working on a remote hosting, I only tested the db backup and restore function on a local installation and got the error I reported. Do you need site information by ticket in order to test it on line by yourself?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #60487 by Mr. Dam
Hi Enzo,
Can you backup your site and upload into Mediafire, and then, send me the link to download it. I will install your site at localhost for checking the function: Backup and restore
Thanks
Dam

• Enzo Artale
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #60489 by Enzo Artale
Hi Dam
I'd rather prefer to backup the site and then send you my ftp info by ticket, in order to let you download the backup file and install it in your localhost without involving any other web service. This way, you could also check another possible issue I met in restoring the site on local server, that is the following: I regularly backup the site with Akeeba Backup extension, everything worked well until I updated os property to 2.7.5. After the update, Akeeba is no longer able to backup the os property images folder (root\images\osproperty), so that after every restore process on my local server I have to download separetely via ftp and paste it into the local server root to have the photos in the site. Let me know if you agree, if yes, I will create the backup file (both .jpa and .zip format) and send you by ticket the path to download it via ftp togheter with the other ftp info. This way, you'll be able to test both the issues at one time. Waiting for your reply, thanks.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #60526 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
You can remove the "images" folder before backup your site to reduce the backup file. Please use .zip format when you backup your site.
Thanks
Dam

• Enzo Artale
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #60562 by Enzo Artale
Hi Dam
I've just submitted a ticket with the infos for you to check in your local server installation the issues mentioned above. Waiting for your feedback, thanks.
Enzo

• Enzo Artale
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #60652 by Enzo Artale
Solved, Thanks Hung

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan