How to check if membership recurring works?

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #87774 by Leon Jackson
How to check if membership recurring works? was created by Leon Jackson
Hi,
I think this is a quick question. How I can check the if the recurring subscription works? How can I test the process?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #87776 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to check if membership recurring works?
You will need to create a recurring subscription plan (for example 2 days recurring subscription plan), then try to subscribe

Wait for the payment for renewal happens, then check and make sure the subscription is is renewed/extended properly

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon Jackson

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #87777 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic How to check if membership recurring works?
I'm only a user of this component and not affiliated with JoomDonation in anyway.

However, I do what you're wanting to do by having my payment gateway(s) of choice setup in the MembershipPro>Payment Plugins section.

For e.g.

Then make sure that they're configured with your actual payment gateway provider(s) account details, that you will find in your / their website / account.

In your chosen payment gateway 'Plugin' within MembershipPro in your Joomla backend, for this example I use GoCardless but most payment plugins are similar in this 'live or demo parameters' regard, see the red highlighted area of the below screenshot;

Then make sure your membership pro actual membership plan that you want to test, has the 'Recurring Option' enabled and set to your requirements;

For e.g.

said payment options chosen and that your payment gateway with the provider is set to sandbox / test, most have this option in your account with them.

For e.g.

Next you can test your membership plan and check all is as it should be. Unless you set your membership plan length to say 1 day, you would have to wait however long to whatever you have it setup as, after initial test subscription which you could wait weeks or a month etc. It's then easy enough to change subscription plan length back to your actual desired length for live use once all your testing checks out.

I take it you already know the URL to your membership plan in question, as of course you would need this to then once it's published test it out to make sure the above is met?

I hope the above is of some help, if not apologies but it works for me. :)

Regards,
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by PhoenixUK.

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #87778 by Leon Jackson
Replied by Leon Jackson on topic How to check if membership recurring works?
So for example will I have to wait for 2 days, if I activate the 2 days recurring subscription plan

More
7 years 6 months ago #87779 by PhoenixUK
It is my understanding that yes of course you would have to wait two days, as that's what you are telling your overall membership / subscription system, also the payment provider and plugins to do.

Therefore, set as Tuan says to the lowest 1 day and wait 1 day.

Then check that whatever options you have set for when a new subscription / membership is made is followed, all correct and also login and check with your chosen payment plugin gateway provider, to make sure the correct 'test' payment has been collected, again as you have set your plan and system up to collect.

Don't forget if it all checks out after your 2nd day and you have a successful and correct 'second' recurring subscription submission to your system, change the plans 'Subscription Length' BACK to your desired setting for when you go live with the subscription plan.

Regards,

More
7 years 6 months ago #87780 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: You will need to create a recurring subscription plan (for example 2 days recurring subscription plan), then try to subscribe

Wait for the payment for renewal happens, then check and make sure the subscription is is renewed/extended properly

Regards,

Tuan

Apologies Tuan, hope you didn't mind me jumping in to try and help Leon and pass on how I do my testing. If anything is incorrect please do correct, although I don't think anything is but I wasn't sure when you would be about and it's nice to try and help when possible. :)

Regards,

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #87781 by Leon Jackson
Replied by Leon Jackson on topic How to check if membership recurring works?
Thank you, I will try this. :)