Membership pro upgrade issues

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #87707 by Leon Jackson
Membership pro upgrade issues was created by Leon Jackson
Hello,
1. I have configured the membership pro and reduced £20 amount when upgrading, in the upgrade option it shows perfectly , however when upgrading the amount is revert back to original plan price which is £45. If explained further, Level 2 plan cost about £25 and level 3 £45 so I have reduced £20 in the plan upgrade section.(Please refer to screen shot 1) Why is this happening?

2. When the paypal transaction is completed, when I check the user area, the new plan is not activated, it shows as 'pending' and I have to manually activate them. (Please see the screen shot 2) Can't the component automatically activates the account rather than changing it manually?

3. Once the account is activated manually, upgrade options in user area is completely wrong.(Please refer to screen shot 3). Is this a bug? I will also attach my settings page as a screen shot 4.

I really need the support now, my site goes live tomorrow. Need to fix these before that.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Leon Jackson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #87725 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership pro upgrade issues
Hi Leon

Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and let me know exactly what we need to do to see the error (give me an account which we can use to login to upgrade subscription, too)

We are going to check to see why the issue happens and get it sorted

Subscription should be active automatically. I guess it doesn't work because PayPal IPN is disabled on your PayPal account or your site is not public accessible

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon Jackson

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #87735 by Leon Jackson
Replied by Leon Jackson on topic Membership pro upgrade issues
No problem with that, I'll send required details through a support ticket.

I tested the paypal transaction through a sandbox account, the transaction went smoothly. Will give the sandbox details too. Please have look.

Thanks.

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #87736 by Leon Jackson
I have created a support ticket. please have a look. Thanks.

More
7 years 6 months ago #87763 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Leon

I answered you via support ticket. I am sorry if it is an un-expected answer. Basically, due to the limitation of payment gateway API, we could not allow upgrading membership from a recurring subscription plan to another recurring subscription plan

Regards,

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #87766 by Leon Jackson
Hello Thanks for the reply.

I understand but I thought component handles the membership and payment are handled through paypal or any other payment service. This is sad, Membership Pro is such a great component. But I I understand this is how it works.

1. I tested the upgrade process by disabling the recurring, but still the upgrade options are not showing correctly. I upgrade from Level 2 to 3 but still level 2 upgrade options are showing up. (Please see screenshot 1)

2. I found empty records generated in subscription section(screenshot 2), and when I try to delete those. this error message comes:
Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY to_date' at line 4 SQL=SELECT published FROM #__osmembership_subscribers WHERE profile_id = 0 AND plan_id = ORDER BY to_date
Why is that I cannot delete them?
Attachments:

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #87767 by Leon Jackson
2. I managed to delete the empty records, by changing the subscription expiring date. So problem with this.

1. Seems this issue is fixed after I enabled "Syncronize Data" in configuration, Not sure if this is the reason. but I think this is fixed.

Thanks for your efforts. I have another question regarding membership plans. I will create another post for that. Thanks again.

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #87826 by Leon Jackson
Hello Tuan,

Upgrading membership from a recurring subscription plan to another recurring subscription plan works. :woohoo:

At first previous record of the plan was not deactivated automatically, but after few hours it was deactivated(Expired). Do you know why this works.

More
7 years 6 months ago #87856 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It won't work because for a recurring subscription, if we don't cancel it , the payment gateway will still continue process the next payment... and so on.

So if you offer upgrade from one recurring plan to another recurring plan, the subscribers will actually being charged for two plans

Tuan