• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #84953 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.6.0. This version contains the following nice changes and improvements:

1. Added System - Membership Schedule Content plugin

People usually call it Drip-Feed Content feature. Basically, it allows you schedule releasing content (Joomla articles) to your subscribers based on how long he has subscribed for your subscription plan. For example, the first article will be release to subscribers 2 days after he subscribed for your plan, the second article will be released 3 days after he subscribed for your plan and so on....

- The content can be setup for each subscription plan like in this screenshot

- Then subscribers can access to these content from his Membership profile page

2. Added Report feature in backend of Membership Pro. This menu option allows you easily figure how who is active subscribers, who is pending subscribers, who is expired subscribers, who will become expired in X days ... Unlike Subscriptions list which one user can have multiple records for a plan, this Report feature will show only one record for each user for a subscription plan.

3. Added Membership Pro - Limit Subscriptions plugin

This plugin is useful if you need to limit number of subscribers who can subscribe for your subscription plan. For example, if you only offer 40 subscriptions for a plan, just use this plugin and setup it like in the image below

When the number of subscriptions for the plan reaches that limit, it will be unpublished automatically

4. Allow sending reminder emails to subscribers after their subscription expired. This will only works for third reminder. By default, the system will send reminder emails to subscriber X days before their subscription expired, if you want to send reminder after subscribers expired, enter a negative value into the setting like in the image below

6. Allow settings renew options in Weeks, Months, Years (instead just Days like in old version)

5. Code refactoring to make it easier to maintaining, extending and customizing if needed

- Split registration form to different sub-layouts
- Split profile view to different sub-layouts
- Move some common layouts (like subscription history, renew options, update options) into components/com_osmembership/view/common/tmpl folder. Avoid repeating code, if you need to modify layout, you will only have to do it in one place
- Remove some un-necessary plugins OS Membership - Invoice plugin, OS Membership - Account Creation plugin, OS Membership - Membership ID plugin, OS Membership - User plugin, OS Membership - Simlizing Renewal. These plugins are replaced by System - Membership Pro plugin in new version

If you want to use these new improvements, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version from there and upgrade it to your site

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: intouchweb, gerrit, Billy Hicks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #85153 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released
Tuan,

Yet again, some awesome additions so thanks for all your hard work, as always.

May I ask, where do I find the following additions please;

- Split registration form to different sub-layouts
- Split profile view to different sub-layouts

Thanks in advance.

More
7 years 7 months ago #85362 by gerrit
Replied by gerrit on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released
I am very curious (interesting) what the changelogs are when you update the component :)

What did you changed for us in 2.6.1 ? :kiss:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #85363 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released
It was released to address a small bug causes by my quick change to the code today ago. There are only some other small changes included:

1. Display upgrade and renew options price including tax if it is configured

2. Fix an issue when use email as username config option set to Yes but User Registration Integration set to No

Just some small bugs fixed for 2.6.1 only

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #85644 by Gilberto Sayegh
Replied by Gilberto Sayegh on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released
Hi Tuan,

After upgrade to 2.6.0 the OS Membership - Simlizing Renewal obviously is gone, as you said in your post. But, we saw here the functionality of this plug-in also gone away. You said that the System Plug-in were going to replace it, but I didn't found how to enable the Simlizing function in this new scenario. Can you please tell me that ASAP? (the lack of this function is messing our subscriptions).

Also (and that could be answered latter), I was unable to install v. 2.6.1 here, even if all past versions worked well. There's a copy error in the install. I checked the permissions, tmp folder, and everything seams all right. Any thought?

Thank you.

More
7 years 7 months ago #85647 by gerrit
Replied by gerrit on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released
Dear Gilberto,

I can give you 1 tip: Always make backups, then install new updates and test the updates on another website and not your live website. If you do this and you tested out everything without problems you can update it on your live website. Your customers won't get any problems of it, if you do it this way.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #85653 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Gilberto

I decided to remove the plugin from package because the function if it is not needed anymore. As you know, the plugin was used so that for each user, there will be only one subscription record for one plan

While it is good, I think doing that will prevent you from seeing subscription history of a user (when did he performign renewal), so I removed that plugin. You can access to Membership Pro -> Report instead and you will see the same function, you will see only one record for one user for a plan.

If you still really want the plugin, I will send it to you

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #85655 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For upgrading, I don't know why you get the error, kind of permission issue, I guess. You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin (and FTP account) of your site

We will check and upgrade it for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #86304 by Gilberto Sayegh
Replied by Gilberto Sayegh on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released
Hi Tuan,

After some tests, we see that the component is also duplicating the subscriptions in the Report view, so it doesn't resolve out problem. The previous situation was working nice for our case, so this new scenario is really messing our control.

So yes, I'd like you to send me the plug-in.

But, also, I'm concerned about the continuity of that solution and the plug-in compatibility with the system in the next versions. I had asked that to you before and you told me that the plug-in was going to be maintained and improved ( joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro/52...ew-subscription.html ). That was just 4 months ago. So I'm worried if I'll be able to bind to Membership Pro in the long term. Is it possible to put the plug-in in the default product again?

Thank you.

More
7 years 7 months ago #86365 by Mark Bogart
Replied by Mark Bogart on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.0 released
Hey Tuan,

We also would like to see the Similization stay !
Our members tend to be long term so all we really care about is the expiration date and don't care for the multiple entries for each renewal subscription. It confuses our volunteers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilberto Sayegh