• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83574 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.5.0. This version contains the following improvements:

1. Improve coupon feature

This improvement only affect recurring subscription plans. Now, when you create a coupon code, you can specify whether the discount will be applied for all payments only the first payment of the subscription

2. Implement Downloads manager plugin

This plugin allows you to give your subscribers to download restricted documents without having to use a download managers extension (third party extension). Go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, find and publish the plugin "OS Membership - Documents plugin". Then when you add/edit a subscription plan, you can upload files/documents and subscribers of that plan can download these documents when they access to Membership Pro (My Downloads tab)

3. Give subscribers an easy way to access to restricted resources

- If you use this method membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...articles-detail-page to restrict access to articles, you can go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, find the plugin "OS Membership Articles Restriction" to edit, set the parameter "Display Articles in Profile" to Yes. After that, the articles which subscribers can access will be displayed in their profiles under My Articles tab

- The option above will also be applied for K2 items. If you use "OS Membership K2 items Restriction" plugin to restrict access to K2 items, you can set the parameter "Display K2 items in Profile" of the plugin to Yes and the K2 items which the subscriber can access to will be displayed in profile page under My K2 Items

- If you use this method membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...ss-to-any-pages-urls to restrict access to any pages/urls on your site to subscribers, you can find the plugin "OS Membership URLs Restriction", set the parameter "Display Urls in Profile" to Yes and all the pages/urls which subscribers can access to will be displayed in My Pages tab under his profile

4. Display clear payment terms to subscribers when they sign up for a recurring subscription plan (the same way as PayPal). For example, the payment terms could be: Free or the first month, then 20$ for each next monht, 10$ for the first week, then 50$ for each next month for 6 installments...

5. Allow select subscription status for free subscription plans. Before, for free subscription plan, subscription status is always Active when subscribers sign up. If you want it Pending (so that you can check and approve the subscription), just go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, find the config option "Free Plans Subscription Status", set it to Pending.

6. Move components assets to media/com_osmembership folder (follow Joomla best practive). So now, if you want to add custom css to the extension, you need to add it to media/com_osmembership/assets/css/custom.css file instead of components/com_osmembership/assets/css/custom.css like in older version

If you would like to use these new improvements, please download latest version, upgrade it to your site

Thanks for continue using our products and support our development.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: ja, Jonathan Colls, gabriel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #83578 by gerrit
Replied by gerrit on topic Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released
Dear Tuan,

I would like to chane the statusses,
Now we only have: Pending, Active, Expired, Cancelled-refunded pending and cancelled-refunded

I would like to make my own statusses.

Kind regards,
Jordy

More
7 years 9 months ago #83596 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released
Which would be what?

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #83601 by gerrit

Calum wrote: Which would be what?

I sell webhosting, install cms, maintance cms and make a cms website.

I would like to have some more statusses like: Working on it, finished.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by gerrit.

More
7 years 9 months ago #83603 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released
Then I don't think that belongs in the memb-pro payment status?
Does it not need a custom field with those status's - somehow locked so you change them not the member?
Or even Joomla User Profile Notes!

More
7 years 9 months ago #83604 by gerrit

Calum wrote: Then I don't think that belongs in the memb-pro payment status?
Does it not need a custom field with those status's - somehow locked so you change them not the member?
Or even Joomla User Profile Notes!

I don't really see it as a payment status, I see it more as a status of the product/subscription

More
7 years 9 months ago #83618 by Iain
Replied by Iain on topic Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released
HI
My site currently shows Membership Pro version 2.4.0 - 29/06/2016
And - membership pro is up to date
Can you please provide some advice
Thanks
Iain

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #83663 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.5.0. This version contains the following improvements:

2. Implement Downloads manager plugin

This plugin allows you to give your subscribers to download restricted documents without having to use a download managers extension (third party extension). Go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, find and publish the plugin "OS Membership - Documents plugin". Then when you add/edit a subscription plan, you can upload files/documents and subscribers of that plan can download these documents when they access to Membership Pro (My Downloads tab)

Tuan, can you confirm for me then - does this ultimately mean that I can cease using Edocman, as I was only trying to use that so when a client signs up for a subscription plan, once they have done so they are then given access to that specific plans documentation or software installer files?

If you confirm that my thought above is correct and using this new feature within MembershipPro will do the above use case; AWESOME - as it will mean I don't need Edocman for my case and hence I can release the resources that having Edocman installed.

Regards,
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by PhoenixUK.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83664 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released
Yes, correct. You don't need a Downloads Manager extension anymore

To see how it works, go to membershippro.joomservices.com/ , login using the account 6months/6months, then access to My Profile menu item

You will see a tab called My Downloads which allows downloading files uploaded for that plan (admin can upload any files he wants when creating/editing a subscription plan)

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #83666 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro version 2.5.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Yes, correct. You don't need a Downloads Manager extension anymore

To see how it works, go to membershippro.joomservices.com/ , login using the account 6months/6months, then access to My Profile menu item

You will see a tab called My Downloads which allows downloading files uploaded for that plan (admin can upload any files he wants when creating/editing a subscription plan)

Tuan

That's great news and the last Q on this brilliant download file integration, can files admin puts for download in any subscription plan, be set to ONLY access upon actual payment of subscription... in other words the file CANNOT be accessed until subscription plan is live which normally means payment has been made anyway?

Buzzing - Thanks Tuan.