Recurring subscriptions (cancel + renew) question

• ensigcom
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #76189 by ensigcom
Hello,

I only have a monthly recurring subscription WITH a Free Trial (under development). I wanted to ask, what happens if someone cancels their recurring subscription during (or after) the Free Trial and later returns to subscribe again? As far as i know you cannot re-subscribe if you have already taken the Free Trial. Does this mean the user cannot re-subscribe at all? Or will they be able to re-subscribe to the SAME plan but will not get the Free Trial (i.e. immediate charge during re-subscription?)

I was thinking maybe i need to create a second identical plan but WITHOUT the Free Trial, i.e. only for returning subscribers. This is NOT optimal at all, it creates a lot of confusion. Can i have only one plan WITH Free Trial (only once), but still accept subscriptions (after cancellations) without a second Free Trial? There option called "Enable Renewal" i set to "No" because it is a plan with Free Trial. How can they renew after cancellation, but without second Free Trial?

Also, is there any difference between payment providers or does your answer apply to all?

Thank you!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by ensigcom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #76251 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring subscriptions (cancel + renew) question
Hi

For now, we have no solution for this option yet. As you mentioned, you will need to create a new plan without the free trial. It is hard to allow users to renew without trial...., I might implement support for it in the future, but it won't be in near future

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.