Renewal reminder notices after expiry

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #73646 by intouchweb
Renewal reminder notices after expiry was created by intouchweb
MEMBERSHIP PRO WISHLIST ITEM - I have mentioned this to Tuan but thought I would add it to this forum to assess other's views. I would love to have an option to send out reminder notices AFTER the expiry date - for example "Your membership expired on [EXPIRE_DATE]", "It has now been [EXPIRED_DAYS] since your membership expired..." etc
The obvious place for the admin user would be to be able to add negative numbers on the reminder notice email schedules (negative meaning days AFTER expiry).
Tuan has shown interest in this feature in a future release, please add your support if you think this would be a good feature?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by intouchweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73656 by Stephen
Replied by Stephen on topic Renewal reminder notices after expiry
Hi
This is a nice feature to have.

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73673 by Elliot Block
Replied by Elliot Block on topic Renewal reminder notices after expiry
I agree.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73712 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic Renewal reminder notices after expiry
I would also like this feature. Currently, our memberships technically expire on the 1st of the year. However, we have the membership plan actually expire on 1/31 - we use the 30 day email to state that their membership is now expired, and that there is a grace period for them to renew. This way, they can still use the "Renew Your Membership" menu item to do so. (I don't know if the system will allow a user to renew an expired membership - if it doesn't, it would be nice to do so.)

More
8 years 3 months ago #73767 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Renewal reminder notices after expiry
Agreed, nice feature, post expiry email reminder.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73855 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Renewal reminder notices after expiry
OK. Thanks for the feedback. So we only need one post expiry email reminder, correct ?

Tuan

More
8 years 3 months ago #73859 by Garry
One reminder works for me Tuan! Wouldn't want to be too pushy, after 3 pre-expiry emails. :P

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #73862 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Renewal reminder notices after expiry
Remember the three pre-expiry notices are optional, so not everyone would use them. Personally, I think it would therefore be worthwhile repeating this feature with the POST expiry notices, ie to offer THREE optional post-expiry notices as well. This would allow for example a notice of actual expiry, then one reminder notice and perhaps a final notice. This would be more in line with invoices - eg payment now due, payment overdue, final notice.
Or the simplest solution might be to just allow negative numbers in the three existing notices, ie allowing them to be EITHER pre OR post expiry..?
Without wanting to complicate the issue, many memberships also offer a grace period to members, allowing them to pay for their renewal up to a certain overdue date and still retain their continuous membership. As all our yearly memberships start on 1st Jan for example it would also be nice if their renewal start date is backdated to reflect continuous membership IF they renew within a pre-defined grace period. So for example if a member renews on 10th Jan (an a 14 day grace period has been set) then the membership renewal period would be reflected as 1st Jan to 31st December (rather than 10th Jan to 31 Dec).
Maybe this should be a separate wishlist item, but I only mention this in case you would also like to add this feature at the same time as the post-expiry notices :)
Thanks again Tuan!

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #73866 by Garry
3 POST expiry notices does make sense hearing you talk it out intouchweb. The "on expiry", the "final" notice with one thrown in between. Perfect.

I like your idea too of retro-dating the active membership (without lapse) if paid during a specified grace period.

And I do need to give props to TUAN for quality work on this extension, as well as Events Booking!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Garry.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73894 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Renewal reminder notices after expiry
I concur with the above feature and it would be a great addition indeed.

Regards,