Free trial payment plan

• Jennie Dawson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #72459 by Jennie Dawson
Free trial payment plan was created by Jennie Dawson
Hi

We want to offer a separate plan that is a free trial, but I can't see a 'free' option in the plan setup - or am I missing something.

I assume if we put 0.00 in the price, the subscriber will still be asked for payment details?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72471 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Free trial payment plan
Hi Jennie

Just put 0.00 (or leave it empty) in the price field. After that, the plan will be free and users won't be asked for making payment. Please note that, for a free trial payment plugin:

1. You should set "Enable Renewal" to No so that after their subscription for the plan expired, they won't be able to sign up again (they will be forced to sign up for a paid plans after that)

2. You need to set Recurring Subscription to No. Free trial plan need to be an one time subscription, not recurring. If the plan is recurring, users will still being asked for payment details

Regards,

Tuan

• Jennie Dawson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #72517 by Jennie Dawson
Replied by Jennie Dawson on topic Free trial payment plan
Hi Tuan

Thank you for your clear and brilliant instructions. I set this up on our test server and it worked absolutely fine.

I've now set it up on the live server but we have a problem. If you try to use the select dropdown to choose a different country some sort of processing error occurs and the subscription button becomes unavailable, making it impossible to complete the subscription. I've included a screen shot and here is the URL:

holygrailtradingstrategies.com/subscript...y-free-trial/sign-up

The other paid subscription plans work fine.

I am pretty sure I've set it all up exactly the same and can't see what could be the reason for this.

Please could you help

Thank you

Jennie
Attachments:

More
8 years 3 months ago #72563 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Free trial payment plan
Hi Jennie

There was a javascript conflict and we fixed it recently. If it is possible, please login to your account, download latest version of Membership Pro, upgrade it to your site

After that, the issue should be fixed

Regards,

Tuan