Remove "Update" button in "User Profile" section

• American Topical Association
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #72415 by American Topical Association
Remove "Update" button in "User Profile" section was created by American Topical Association
Hi Tuan,
Is there a way please, to remove the "Update" button at the bottom of the "User Profile" page? I want my users to be able to view their profile, but I don't want them to update via this page as a notification isn't sent to the administrator. I have created a separate form for users to submit updates, as a fix, but can't figure out how to get rid of this "update" button. Hoping there's an answer!

Thanks so much!
Amanda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #72425 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Remove "Update" button in "User Profile" section
You can get this file, unzip it, upload the file to components/com_osmembership/view/profile/tmpl folder of your site (or better to your_site_template_folder/html/com_osmembership/view/profile - this is template override and won't be lost when you upgrade to future release of Membership Pro)

After that, it will work as expected

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

• Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #72529 by American Topical Association
Replied by American Topical Association on topic Remove "Update" button in "User Profile" section
Sorry, Tuan. Can you explain what this file does?

More
8 years 4 months ago #72560 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Remove "Update" button in "User Profile" section
It just removes the Update button as you requested

Tuan

• Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #72570 by American Topical Association
Replied by American Topical Association on topic Remove "Update" button in "User Profile" section
HI Tuan,
It removed the update button, but also other items from the bottom of the page and I lost the template formatting. I quickly changed it back to the original php file in panic. Is there just a line of code I can remove from the current php to remove the button?...maybe a silly question...sorry!
Thanks so much!

More
8 years 4 months ago #72591 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Amanda

In this case, I think you can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. We will make the modification and make sure it works for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #72619 by American Topical Association
That would be amazing, Tuan! You are so generous. Our site is meant to be going live today. We'll be activating all the members today. This would be a great thing to happen if it could. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

• Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #72627 by American Topical Association
AWESOME!! Thank you so much, Tuan! The button is gone and all seems perfect!

Thank you so much for going above and beyond for us...
Kind Regard,
Amanda