OS Membership Update Subscribers status

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #68007 by DavidB
Is there a way to force this plugin to run?

What fields does it check when setting the subscription to expired and does it update the joomla groups?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #68025 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic OS Membership Update Subscribers status
The plugin is a system plugin, so it will be run when there is someone access to your site. When it is run, it will check subscription end date of the subscriber and if the current date is greater than the subscription end date, it will be marked as expired and their Joomla groups will be updated as well

Regards,

Tuan

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #68026 by DavidB
Replied by DavidB on topic OS Membership Update Subscribers status
well, then that functionality no longer works after the custom work.

When a non-company-admin (regular user hits the site and the company account has expired the user account still has all privileges. even when you set the company_admin account to expired it doesn't change the user accounts.

More
8 years 7 months ago #68029 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
To be honest, I don't remember exactly how it was customized to handle this feature for now. I don't know how you change the company admin account to expired. Maybe edit the subscriber, change status from Active to Expired and it might work.

But I am not sure unless I re-check the code.

Tuan

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #68030 by DavidB
We've tried all that... we migrated all the users off the old system on to this one and now people are renewing their memberships and... well... you know this group... drama drama drama

More
8 years 7 months ago #68031 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
At this time, I am not sure what todo. It has been so long and we don't know how it will be finished. You/They promised the payment but nothing happened so far. So unless they do something, I don't think I will continue working on it and I will even prepare to refund the money they paid for the development

We are both tired with this project, you know that too.

Tuan

More
8 years 7 months ago #68033 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So I want we both agree on something before we can continue:

1. You check it all again, and let me know all the remaining items we have to work on it.

2. We will have to work on it together and get it finished on one week or two. I don't want to work, then wait for long time to receive feedback

3. They must make the payment as promised before I continue to work on it.

Otherwise, I am afraid of we will have to cancel this project because with the way we are working together right now, I don't know when it could be finished and I would spend time to improve the product instead of working on a none-endless project

Regards,

Tuan

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #68103 by DavidB
1) I'm looking at it today.
2) Agreed.
3) I've been raising hell at them over this. The new guy "forgot" to email the invoice to the accounting department... I sent the invoice directly a week ago and have been following up every day. the guy who signs the checks travels all the time so it can be weeks before he's in the office. Since it's an all volunteer organization, things get sloppy. They may take awhile to pay (we've waited 2-3 months before) but they do always pay.

I agree with you... it's one reason Lourdes resigned, people yell at her to get it done and then don't respond to her for months at a time.

I do think a lot of people would like the feature we've built in... having a company account vs. individual accounts is pretty powerful and is the way a lot of organizations work.