• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago #58689 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
[NEED FEEDBACK] About process membership renewal was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear ALL

I want to hear your feedback about a new plugin which I just developed and want to include it in the next release. It is about renewal process.

As you see, right now, when someone renews his membership, Membership Pro will create a new subscription record for him. The start date of new subscription record will be the end date of the previous record + 1 day.

While it works quite well and allows you to keep subscription history of the subscriber, some customers also complain that it is confusing, having multiple records for a user will make it confusing. It will be difficult to track when he signed up and when will his subscription expired (of course, you can view it in Profiles view from backend)

So I developed a new plugin called OS Membership - Simlizing Renewal. If you enable this plugin, each time subscriber renew his membership, the system won't create new record. It will just extend subscription end date of the previous record.

So the question here is is it useful ? Should we include it in the next release ?

Thanks for any feedback you can give

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #58707 by Paul Payette
Replied by Paul Payette on topic [NEED FEEDBACK] About process membership renewal
Good Idea,
As long as in the subscriber history there is a field showing ''Member Since'' (and maybe # of time client renewal), and expiry date of the current plan.

More
9 years 1 month ago #58722 by Mark
It's not something I'd be interested in.

I want to know the periods a person subscribed for.
What would you do if there was a gap in subscription? A minute, a day, a week, a year? To me it's important.

I'd say, since the stated problem is seeing where someone is with their own subscription, the answer is to make the data more understandable, not track the data less.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #58823 by Elliot Block
Replied by Elliot Block on topic [NEED FEEDBACK] About process membership renewal
I think this would be a very nice add-on to Membership Pro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RC Cola

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #58892 by Ric McDonald
Replied by Ric McDonald on topic [NEED FEEDBACK] About process membership renewal
I missed this announcement
I think it is a great improvement to Membership Pro and I have already turned it on

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #59048 by Doris Wood
Replied by Doris Wood on topic [NEED FEEDBACK] About process membership renewal
It is a nice plugin.

But it is possible to update payment method as well ? We have 2 different type of payment.

Sometime people pay by credit card, sometime by check and it seems like it only extend the date but did not update the last payment method they used.

Thanks

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59262 by Tracy Drummond
Replied by Tracy Drummond on topic [NEED FEEDBACK] About process membership renewal
Yes but must be with history. We have a lot to do when some one renews offline such as Copy and edit a new record and change dates to "clear" as well as change from pending to active and associate the user to the subscription when they send a check in the mail.

We MUST HAVE the history record including dates and payment types.

What would also be useful is a button to "clear" an offline payment. It would simulate the action of an on-line payment.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59263 by Tracy Drummond
Replied by Tracy Drummond on topic [NEED FEEDBACK] About process membership renewal
Lets talk requirements.

1 - We need to generate a ground mailing from "export subscribers" each month for a magazine. (Dual active records make it confusing)
2 - We need the history of the subscriptions with method, type and dates. (credit/payPal/Offline) transaction numbers and dates.
3 - Must have a way to clear offline payments easily, so they act just like credit and paypal completed transactions/subscriptions.
4 - We need to send renewal notices at 30 and 15 days before expiration. With multiple active accounts users are currently getting FALSE notices because they have renewed early.

Once we can agree on the requirements then no matter which way you decide to go you can cover most requirements.