Hide Custom Fields on "Edit Profile" Page

• Matt Hennessy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #55748 by Matt Hennessy
Hide Custom Fields on "Edit Profile" Page was created by Matt Hennessy
In my subscription form, I've created a custom field called "Donation to Organization" which gets added to the total subscription price. Is there any way to hide this field from showing up on the "Edit Profile" page? I've tried changing the access level, but this doesn't accomplish what I'm looking for (if I set it to "guests" then it is also hidden on the renewal form).

There are some custom fields that are only relevant when actually ordering/renewing a subscription, and that the user shouldn't need to update at any other time. Could this possibly be a feature request?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Matt Hennessy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #55766 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Hide Custom Fields on "Edit Profile" Page
Hi Matt

Maybe we should not allow users from editing the data of custom fee fields (the custom fields which contains fee option). How do you think about it ?

Please let me know so that I can consider adding support for it in the next release (I can make this feature available within the week)

Tuan

• Matt Hennessy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #55786 by Matt Hennessy
Replied by Matt Hennessy on topic Hide Custom Fields on "Edit Profile" Page
Hi Tuan,

I think that's a great idea! That would definitely helps us out a lot!

Ideally though, the ability to hide/lock other custom fields from the "Edit Profile" page would be useful too... for instance, if each custom field had an option to "Hide from Edit Profile page" (the same way there is currently a field to "Show on renewal page").

One important example is that our form requires a checkbox "I understand and agree to all charges" -- something that users should not be able to edit after they have already paid for their subscription.

Anything you can do is great -- very much appreciated!!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Matt Hennessy.

More
9 years 2 months ago #55788 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Hide Custom Fields on "Edit Profile" Page
The ability to hide certain fields from the user completely would be very useful. We record some extra information in the member profile for admin use only. The members do not need to see it, but admin do. You talked once about having a permissions level for fields, but an 'Admin use only' check box like the one for the "Hide on membership renewal" option so that the field never shows up on any front-end forms would be much easier to use.

• Matt Hennessy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #55789 by Matt Hennessy
Fair point Brian -- but what I'm talking about is NOT hiding a field completely, just making it unavailable for editing except when actually purchasing/renewing a subscription (i.e. so it isn't part of the users editable profile).

More
9 years 2 months ago #55799 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Brian wrote: The ability to hide certain fields from the user completely would be very useful. We record some extra information in the member profile for admin use only. The members do not need to see it, but admin do. You talked once about having a permissions level for fields, but an 'Admin use only' check box like the one for the "Hide on membership renewal" option so that the field never shows up on any front-end forms would be much easier to use.

I believe this feature was supported from 1.6.8. If you want to hide any fields from frontend, just set "Access Level" of that field to "Special" and it should do the work

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 2 months ago #55800 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Matt Hennessy wrote: Fair point Brian -- but what I'm talking about is NOT hiding a field completely, just making it unavailable for editing except when actually purchasing/renewing a subscription (i.e. so it isn't part of the users editable profile).

Hi Matt

I do understand your need and I think the extension should support it. Give me sometime to implement it, I will get back to you with a version with that feature in about one week or so.

Please wait for me

Tuan

• Matt Hennessy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #55801 by Matt Hennessy
Fantastic-- thanks so much Tuan!

More
9 years 2 months ago #55806 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Hide Custom Fields on "Edit Profile" Page
I didn't spot that new option. Excellent, Tuan, thanks.

More
9 years 2 months ago #55833 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Brian wrote: I didn't spot that new option. Excellent, Tuan, thanks.

It was just supported from version 1.6.8. That might be the reason you missed it :)

Tuan