Two members in one plan possible?

More
9 years 4 months ago #54666 by Sue Q
Two members in one plan possible? was created by Sue Q
Hello,
We've just implemented Membership Pro. We offer subscriptions to 1 person (an individual) or 2 people living at the same address (a couple) for the same price.

Our vendor set up the second member (first name and last name) as custom fields. But we'd like both members to be able to have their own login / email so both can access member-only areas of site and subscribe to our forum. Can you think of a way we can accomplish this?

Thank you--your forum and your support are amazing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #54681 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Two members in one plan possible?
Hi Sue

I am sorry, but at the moment, we don't have a solution for this problem. We should have support for this feature (via a plugin) in the future, but I think you will have to wait for 4 to 6 weeks to have the feature ready.

For now, maybe if someone register for a couple, admin will have to create an account for the second user manually.

Regards.

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #55321 by Thomas McEachren
Replied by Thomas McEachren on topic Two members in one plan possible?
I am getting ready to implement this on my Scottish Clan Membership site and I too have family annual memberships and can see this as a very useful feature. I can even see us having from 2 to 4, maybe more, in one household.

-Tom

More
9 years 1 month ago #58821 by Wendy Huber
Replied by Wendy Huber on topic Two members in one plan possible?
I am attempting to set up a couples plan. I thought I would share how I am going to try to solve this. The one problem is that the couple may share one email address and aren't comfortable setting up an additional individual email.

I have 'partner 1' set to full membership price and an auto email set to send partner 1 a COUPON CODE for partner 2 to use in the sign up which will generate a membership at a lower cost.

I haven't tested this yet. But it seems a logical solution. Any advice? warnings?

More
9 years 1 month ago #58845 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

I have 'partner 1' set to full membership price and an auto email set to send partner 1 a COUPON CODE for partner 2 to use in the sign up which will generate a membership at a lower cost.

=> Lower code or free ? The problem described in original forum post here could be addressed using group membership feature introduced in Membership Pro version 1.6.9. Basically, you can setup a plan so that when someone sign up for that plan, he will be able to add group members (the number of group members he can add can be setup in the plan) and these groups members will have same permission with group admin

Tuan

More
9 years 1 month ago #58890 by Wendy Huber
Replied by Wendy Huber on topic Two members in one plan possible?
It is a deduction in the second membership.

More
9 years 1 month ago #58900 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If it is a deduction, then the only way is that when someone signs up for the membership for the first time, you send a coupon code for him. Then he can uses that coupon code for the second membership. I think that's the only way for now

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Huber