New subscriber not assigned to right Joomla Group

• Angela Mascini
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51330 by Angela Mascini
When a user subscribes to a plan on my site, his user account is created in Joomla, but he is assigned to the registered group. I have enabled the OS Membership - Joomla Groups plugin, created a new group in Joomla core ACL for each plan and assigned this group to the plan, but the user is still assigned to the registered group.

I have enabled user registration under the User Manager config settings because when it was not enabled, the Joomla user account was not automatically created.

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #51360 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New subscriber not assigned to right Joomla Group
Hi Angela

What's the status of the subscribers ? Are they pending or active ? Please note that users will only be assigned to the Joomla Groups if their subscription is active (they make payment for the subscriptions). Could you please check and get back to me?

Regards,

Tuan

• Angela Mascini
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51367 by Angela Mascini
Replied by Angela Mascini on topic New subscriber not assigned to right Joomla Group
Hi Tuan

The subscriptions do show as active, for both the free subscriptions and the paid ones (once the demo sale is completed)

Regards
Angela

More
9 years 5 months ago #51368 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New subscriber not assigned to right Joomla Group
OK

There is one thing we can check more. Did you config the extension to create account for user when membership is active ?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela Mascini

• Angela Mascini
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51404 by Angela Mascini
Replied by Angela Mascini on topic New subscriber not assigned to right Joomla Group
Hi Tuan

Yes, I did configure it to create an account when membership is active.
I was also wondering, must the user registration of the core Joomla User Manager be configured in a specific way for the extension to work properly?

• Angela Mascini
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51405 by Angela Mascini
OK. I changed 'Only create user account when membership active/approved' to No, and in User Manager 'Allow user registration' to Yes, and now it works fine.

Thanks.

More
9 years 5 months ago #51408 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. That's correct way. If you still want to have "Only create user account when membership active/approved" Yes (the system only create account for users when his membership is active), you can change ordering of a plugin

Go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, find the plugin "OS Membership - Account creation plugin", change ordering of the plugin "OS Membership - Account creation plugin" so that it is located before "OS Membership - Joomla Groups plugin" plugin and It will work well

The plugin "OS Membership - Account creation plugin" should be located before all of the plugins in Membership Pro

Tuan