Membership Pro

• kbarnes
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #50741 by kbarnes
Membership Pro was created by kbarnes
I am looking for a membership management extension for an association of engineers. Two questions about whether Membership Pro fits our needs:

1. Dues renewals are on July 1st (not rolling subscriptions) and new members can sign up and pay dues at any time, but then renew their dues on July 1st regardless of when they signed up.

2. I need to display a sortable/searchable member list on the front end for the public to find a member based on location or engineering specialty.

Can Membership Pro do these two things? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50744 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro
Hi

The feature #1 is supported . You can simply create a subscription plan with fixed expiration date. Membership Pro handles this case very well

The feature #2 is not supported at the moment. However, it is in my todo list for the next release and should be available in about one or two weeks

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #52138 by davewee
Replied by davewee on topic Membership Pro
Is there an anticipated date for the front-end membership list component? We are using an external component for it right now, but it's not automatic. A dynamically updated list feature would be awesome.

More
9 years 4 months ago #52190 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

I believe we will have the feature ready in the extension in the next two weeks from now

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #52511 by qtech
Replied by qtech on topic Membership Pro
Dave,

What external component are you using to display the list?

Michael

More
9 years 4 months ago #52641 by web-aemv
Replied by web-aemv on topic Membership Pro
This front-end search of members is also something I've got to provide my client in order to use Membership Pro. Thanks for working on this feature!

More
9 years 4 months ago #52649 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Let's discuss the feature you want here so that I can implement it into Membership Pro. It is simple to program the extension to display members list, however, I would like to know :

1. How you want to display members in the front-end ? Just table list of members ? Are there any samples which I can see ? if there are, could you please make a screenshot ?

2. What information you want to display for each member ? First Name, Last Name, Email..... ?

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #52653 by qtech
Replied by qtech on topic Membership Pro
Tuan,

This is a feature I need as well. I am currently using a workaround with community builder, but it is not working well as the info does not get updated when changes are made in Membership Pro or when memberships expire. The display I need is in table format with the following:

Members' names (needs to be Last Name, First Name, but community builder will only display First Name, Last Name)
License number (MP custom field linked to CB)
City (MP custom field linked to CB)
Phone number (MP custom field linked to CB)

The main think I need is for the front-end display to only include active members. When a membership expires, they should no longer display on the frontend list. I am attaching a screenshot of the current workaround. You can also see it live on the site: www.venturacountypsych.com/index.php/com...rces/current-members . My client is not happy with the current setup. If I cannot accomplish this with MP soon, I am going to have to pay a developer for a custom extension or code to add to MP.

Thanks for following up on this!

Michael

More
9 years 4 months ago #52717 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Noted. Will try to implement it into the extension in less than two weeks.

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #52878 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Today, I completed this feature :

1. You can create a menu item to display members from a plan or all plan

2. You can choose what fields to be displayed on that list (edit the custom field, set Show on Members List to Yes). By default, First Name, Last Name, Email, Organization will be displayed

3. You can choose which groups can view members list. Go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, click on Options button, select the group, set "View Members List" permission to allowed

4. There is a search filter which allows searching for members based on First Name, Last Name, Emails..

If you want to test/use this feature, drop me an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com and I will send the latest code which has the feature to you for tessting. If it goes well I will update the download package with this new feature

Tuan