Easysocial integration with Membership Pro

• firenze
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #48853 by firenze
Hi,
I noticed that you have been looking at this from previous forum posts. Could you please advise if this possible and if so, when it is likely to be available.

Thank you

Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #48902 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Easysocial integration with Membership Pro
Hi Graham

Really want to add support for this integration but I haven't had a chance to work on it (I am allowed to get a copy of Easy Social extension already)

This feature should be available in the extension in less than 4 weeks from today.

Please wait for me

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 6 months ago #49241 by MelanieB
Replied by MelanieB on topic Easysocial integration with Membership Pro
Excited, as I am also seeking this.

Will there also be an integration with OS Property as there is with Jomsocial?

Kind regards

mel

More
7 years 10 months ago #81531 by Krx
Hello
I need to start one project with EasySocial,
so I wonder, does membership pro has any integration with it already done?
I went trough features page but I couldn't find any reference to EasySocial.
Thanks
Regards

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #81560 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

At the moment, the integration is quite simple: When a user has an Easysocial account and sign up in Membership Pro, the data from his Membership Pro account will be used to fill-in subscription form automatically so that users won't have type these information again on subscription form

Tuan

More
7 years 5 months ago #88417 by Lene
Hello,

I am looking into the EasyDiscuss component from StackIdeas ( stackideas.com/easydiscuss ). Can you please confirm that Membership Pro integrates with this component as well?

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago #88438 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Lene

Sorry, we don't have any integration with that extension. Could you please explain how you expect it to work together?

I guess you want that someone sign up for a plan can post comments/posts on that extension? If so, maybe it is supported already using Joomla core ACL and Membership Pro Joomla Groups integration

Basically;

1. You config Membership Pro so that when subscribers sign up, they will be assigned to the Joomla groups you want

2. Then config EasyDiscuss so that only the users the groups above can performing the actions you want

Tuan

More
7 years 5 months ago #88498 by Lene
Hello Tuan,

What we are looking at is to use Membership Pro for people to subscribe to access the EasyDiscuss section. In EasyDiscuss you have your own profile, the ideal is of course not having to login with the access they get through Membership Pro and then having to login again ta access their profile in EasyDiscuss.

I am actually not sure how this would work, they will get access, with user and password by subscribing using Membership Pro. They would need to create their own profile on Easy Discuss. Once this is all done the idea is that they only have to login once.

It was StackIdeas that referred me to this post, I might have to go back to them as well.....

Thanks
Regards
Lene

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago #88521 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Lene

They won't have to register again in EasyDiscuss. Actually, with the user account which subscribers subscribe in Membership Pro, they can use it to login into your Joomla site and access to Easy Discuss

There are no need to register for a different account for login and access to different Joomla extensions (like Easy Discuss)

In Joomla, each user will only need to have an account and one use registered for an account (via any extensions), you can use that same account to login and access to the extensions you want (if that extensions allow you to access to it)

Not sure if my answer is clear. Feel free to ask if you need more explanation

Tuan

More
7 years 5 months ago #88569 by Lene
Hi Tuan,

Thank you! That sounds great, I will follow up with Easy Discuss to make sure their extension works with Joomla account registration.

Regards
Lene