System does not detect exiting subscription.

• trevor
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47045 by trevor
Hello,

1. I create a menu link to plans and enable log in but when a user that already has a valid subscription logs in he/she is still presented with the buy plan fields and can continue to buy the plan regardless of the fact that they are already have subscription.

2. Also I need to create a plan that can be used a defined amount of times. for example . A user can read an article 5 times, after that they get locked out. Can you tell me how to do this please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #47059 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic System does not detect exiting subscription.

1. I create a menu link to plans and enable log in but when a user that already has a valid subscription logs in he/she is still presented with the buy plan fields and can continue to buy the plan regardless of the fact that they are already have subscription.

=> That's how the extension works. The system still allows users to sign up for that plan again and it will be processed as if users renew his subscription. Maybe in your case, you need something different ?

Also I need to create a plan that can be used a defined amount of times. for example . A user can read an article 5 times, after that they get locked out. Can you tell me how to do this please

=> Unfortunately, the extension doesn't have this feature supported at the moment. So if you really need it, there will have to be a custom plugin created to handle this requirement. Membership Pro doesn't have this feature build in the package.

Regards,

Tuan

• trevor
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47261 by trevor
=> That's how the extension works. The system still allows users to sign up for that plan again and it will be processed as if users renew his subscription. Maybe in your case, you need something different ?

OK but what is the point in that??

If a user has just purchased a subscription why would you want to give the option to renew straight away?? This is a bad flow
Aside from this and some other features I think you are almost there with this extension.

A simple button to renew is the way to go unless account is about to expire...

I don't think this extension is going to work or me. How do I get a refund please .

More
9 years 8 months ago #47326 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Trevor

If you cannot use the extension, you can let us know Paypal Transaction ID of your purchase and I will process refund for you.

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 8 months ago #47327 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Regarding your last issue comment:

If a user has just purchased a subscription why would you want to give the option to renew straight away?? This is a bad flow

I think we can add a config option to allow users to renew the subscription x days before his subscription is expired. X is configurable. Doing that should solve your issue.

Regards,

Tuan

• trevor
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47345 by trevor
When user logs in and they have an exiting subscription it should take them to the my subscriptions screen where they can see their current subscription and the renew option is there already :)

Maybe the option in backend allow users to renew x days before expiry?

It should not just let them buy. when they log in on front end. so the signup page would need to check for exiting subscription.

More
9 years 8 months ago #47352 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I think this should be a good solution :

1. When users view the plan, if he logged in and have an active subscription, we will simply change the button from "Sign up" to "Renew" and it will process renewal if they click on the button (instead of sign up).

2. On sign up form, if user has not logged in and use login form on that page to sign up, if the system detect that he has an active subscription, it will simply redirect them to profile page as you said.

Regards,

Tuan

• trevor
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47527 by trevor
Hi thanks for reply

1. When users view the plan, if he logged in and have an active subscription, we will simply change the button from "Sign up" to "Renew" and it will process renewal if they click on the button (instead of sign up).

Could this be set by an option in backend; allow renewal X days before expiry? as you would not want a user that has just purchased a year to be able to simply extend by another year straight away...Hope that makes sense.. if option was set in back end then renew button is shown for existing plan.?

2. On sign up form, if user has not logged in and use login form on that page to sign up, if the system detect that he has an active subscription, it will simply redirect them to profile page as you said.

This is good- 1 question though- if there are multiple plans and a user clicks on a plan they don't have will the system in checking php understand that the existing subscription is for a different plan and still allow them to buy new plan? ( sorry for bad wording of that question)

How soon can you make this change? will it be a patch file or will you make change directly?

• trevor
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47727 by trevor
Any news on this?

More
9 years 7 months ago #47751 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I am too busy these days and haven't had it completed yet. Please be patient and wait for us, I promise we will have it ready before the end of this week.

Regards,

Tuan