New membership created when member renews

• Blanche Higgins
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #41852 by Blanche Higgins
New membership created when member renews was created by Blanche Higgins
Hi,

When one of our members renews, rather than just extending the period of their membership/subscription, a new membership plan is created for them - so all their details remain the same, but rather than now having one plan with a longer active time, they have two plans (identical except for the active time dates).

This seemed fine however it means that when a member renews, they will continue to get reminder emails from their original plan telling them to renew which is obviously confusing for them.

It also is frustrating as when we export subscribers we get all their plans, not just the active ones.

How can I get it to simply extend the dates of the original plan, rather than create a new one?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #41879 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: New membership created when member renews
Hi Blanche

That's the known issue in the extension and we are working to improve it at the moment. basically, each subscriber should only have one subscription records instead of different records at the moment.

This require some majors change to the extension and it will take us about 4 weeks to implement it. So please be patient and wait for us.

Tuan

More
10 years 1 month ago #42234 by Barbara
Replied by Barbara on topic Re: New membership created when member renews
When the changes are released, will they be tested on 3.2.x?

Your web site has changed recently, and it looks like, according to joomdonation.com/joomla-extensions/membe...ip-subscription.html , the package was created on September 7, 2012 and last updated on June 6, 2012 (odd to have the update date before the created date). But I have from previous notes that Membership Pro’s latest release was version 1.6.2 on August 17, 2013, meaning it was most likely tested on Joomla 3.1.5 which was released on August 1, 2013. Is it correct that Membership Pro was tested with 3.1.5?

Thank you!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #42311 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: New membership created when member renews
Hi Barbara

Membership Pro at the moment compatible with all Joomla 3.x releases. However, this feature has not added to the core download package yet (the updated date in the product page is wrong, we need to update it shortly).

We are working on a major release of Membership Pro at the moment, with so many new features / improvements. I will update you when it is done !

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #53125 by Bill Van Vlack
Replied by Bill Van Vlack on topic Re: New membership created when member renews
I am having the same problem. Users are complaining that they've already renewed and are still getting reminders. Was this fixed as mentioned above? (We are on the latest update).

We are seeing a new record created each time a member renews.

osmembership_subscribers is a table of SUBSCRIPTIONS, not a table of SUBSCRIBERS.

Suggest code that sets all 'reminders' for all subscriptions except the one created by a renewal to '1' when a renewal is paid.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #53134 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Derrick

1=> Agree that Subscribers can be changed to Subscriptions

2=> Profiles can be changed to Subscribers

3=> From what I see in the code, if users renewed , the system won't sent reminder to him anymore (atleast in latest version). I believe we fixed the issue which you are talking about from quite long time ago

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #53313 by Bill Van Vlack
Replied by Bill Van Vlack on topic Re: New membership created when member renews
We are on version 1.6.7 and recently had two subscribers email us and say that they had already renewed but had received renewal notifications. We have the first notification set for 30 days and the second for 15 days. In both cases they had renewed over 30 days before their subscription were due. Examining the database, both members had two entries; one for the 'current' subscription and one for the 'new' subscription. (these are 1 year subscriptions). The 'current' subscription is still active because the expiration date has not arrived. It's database values had: first_reminder_sent value = 1, and the second_reminder_sent value = 0.

I set the second_reminder_sent value to 1 for both of these. I assume that will prevent the second reminder from being sent.

The renewed subscription for each member, which expire a year from now, have both values set to 0.

Is there anything I can check to verify I have the proper code to prevent reminders being sent to members who have (another) current subscription?

More
9 years 4 months ago #53590 by Bill Van Vlack
bump

More
9 years 3 months ago #55824 by Elliot Block
Replied by Elliot Block on topic New membership created when member renews
Any word on this?

More
9 years 2 months ago #58303 by kbarnes
Replied by kbarnes on topic New membership created when member renews
I know this topic was started a long time ago, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I can understand why Tuan implemented this to create a new subscription with a new active date span. It is particularly clear from the subscriber's perspective when viewing the Membership History tab. I agree that the CSV export may be more cumbersome to work with as a result, but I wouldn't want him to change this functionality.

I'm not using the reminder email function because I have not found that subscribers were reliably receiving email, and that is probably not the component's fault.