• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 6 hours ago #8394 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Upgrade from old version to new version was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi all !

From version 2.8.1, the upgrade is really simple (you don't need to uninstall the old version before installing new version anymore). Just follow the below steps :

1. Back up necessary files : Usually, you only modify two files :

- The css file (components/com_jdonation/assets/css/style.css)

- The language file (language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jdonation.ini) . This file is modified when you changed something via translation function of the extension .

2. Install the new version .

3. Upload the files which you backed up again to your server !

All done ! You now have latest version of the extension installed on your site !

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #11980 by Charles Smith
Replied by Charles Smith on topic Re: Upgrade from old version to new version
How do you move EB from J1.5 to J1.7? I am migrating a site with Jupgrade and would like not have to recreate everything from scratch.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13199 by spcteam
Replied by spcteam on topic Re: Upgrade from old version to new version
Hello, I have a client that I haven't upgraded the Joom Donation extension since early last year, so the extension is currently at version 2.8.0 --- This my first time upgrading this extension... I need to upgrade them now and I want to be sure I take all needed steps to assure that recurring transactions are preserved and the existing records are not lost.
:unsure:
Thanks, Steve
SPCteam, Inc.

More
12 years 1 month ago #13786 by spcteam
Replied by spcteam on topic Re: Upgrade from old version to new version
Any help with this would be great. :unsure:

More
11 years 11 months ago #14957 by mtgt
Hi,
Just wondering about update to joomla 2.5 ; is Joomdonation working with?

More
11 years 2 months ago #23995 by David Larrimore
Replied by David Larrimore on topic Re: Upgrade from old version to new version
Hi, I'm upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2 and am having issues. I am on Joomla 3.0 and using the plain vanilla install of JDonation. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. I have tried an upgrade.

There is some sort of PHP error happening on the back end because the joomla page is not showing anything.

dev.childrenofcentralasia.org/donate-now

Thanks,

More
10 years 11 months ago #28475 by Mike
It may not be as simple as merely backing-up 2 files, installing the new version and then moving/overwriting the upgrade files with your customized versions.

How do you know that older, customized versions of certain files will work with an upgrade?
Once you customize packaged code, you open up all sorts of issues with upgrades.

There's been mention in this forum more than a few times of adding/changing code to fix bugs or to suit special needs. This is a Bad practice.

I would suggest that the developers add a new folder to their installation called custom which lies ahead of the sub-components in the path. The core code executable will lie above the custom folder. All customized components would be placed in this special folder. On execution, any components the core executable calls will use the first occurrence it finds in the path. This way, one can upgrade without fear of losing customizations and then easily determine if custom code works with the upgrade.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt