Recurring Donations -> Shows up as "Onetime"

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #90794 by James Riley
When a donor first sets up a Recurring Donation, the initial entry in the Donors Management panel appears shows the Donation Type as "Recurring". Then, every time their recurring donation is processed, the record logs a donation type of "Onetime" and the #Payments/Times column on the "Recurring" record updates to show the number of payments.

Instead of the recurring payments being logged as "Onetime", would it be possible to display each payment as "Recurring" instead?
Or perhaps better yet, append the original record id to the original "Recurring" record and all subsequent records (eg. "Recurring - ID#23) so that these records can be sorted together.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #90796 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Recurring Donations -> Shows up as "Onetime"
Looks like editing /administrator/components/com_jdonation//view/donors/tmlp/default.php and changing the line:
Code:
if (($row->donation_type == 'R')
to
Code:
if (($row->donation_type == 'R') || ($row->r_frequency))
will change the text to Recurring, although it is still logged in the database as an "I" donation_type. This should perhaps be fixed in the core package so that these transactions are logged properly (they are NOT one-time transactions afterall).

How would you suggest adding the original record's ID number? Can you recommend a variable or a query string that I can use to display this information?

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley.

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #90801 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Recurring Donations -> Shows up as "Onetime"
Using `subscr_id` and taking advantage of the mislabeling of these transactions as type "I", I was able to get something working for my needs.

Code:
if (($row->donation_type == 'R') || ($row->r_frequency)) { echo JText::_('JD_RECURRING'); echo '<div style="font-size:0.7em; font-style:italic; line-height:1.2em;">'. $row->subscr_id .'<br />'. (($row->donation_type == 'R')?'<strong style="color:#FFF; background-color:#0C0; padding:1px 3px;">CREATED</strong>':'').'<strong style="color:#FFF; background-color:#F60; padding:1px 3px;">PAYMENT</strong>'.'</div>' ; }

Despite hacking the code so that I have something that works for me, I still think that these recurrent donations should not be labeled as type "I", and probably not as type "R" either. May I suggest type "RP" for and language tag JD_RECURRINGPAYMENT="Recurrent Payment"?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley. Reason: add screenshot

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt